Biotechnology Option (1 Viewer)

China Doll

HSC
Just wondering what your thoughts or critiques were if any, on the biotech option. Which process did you guys refer to for question e) Draw and label a diagram showing the sequence of events that result in the formation of recombinant DNA. (3 marks)
Did you find the option particularly difficult?
I drew a diagram of 'Gene Splicing'

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
(e) asked for a flow chart of recombinant DNA production?
What do you mean by drawing a diagram of "gene splicing"??
I drew several diagrams showing how dna fragment from original copy and plasmid from bacteria is extracted and spliced by restriction enzymes, then combining them together to make a recombinent dna and strengthening it using liagase.
Gene splicing is one of the steps in making recombinent DNA, simply splicing a gene doesn't make recombinent dna....right?

Overall, the option was easier than expected, but I think I lost a lot of mark in the long answers *sigh*.

prettypinkheart

HSC
Yeah the first few questions were easy.
But i hated the long answer questions they were hard.
Hopefully it all goes well.

China Doll

HSC
It sounds to me as though I botched that question then!
I think I did really well on the longer answer questions though - where we were required to design an investigation which would determine the most effective methods for making consistent bread products I think I NOSSED it! :D :D I suppose we'll see!

amysimpkins9

HSC
I'm fairly sure that gene splicing is right.
God biotech sucked. the rest of the paper was very good.

always.dreaming

sporadic attendee
HSC
N/A
I thought that the biotech option questions were unreasonably difficult...so I opted to do the communications option instead :)

The maintaining a balance topic + my case study of the cochlear ear implant in design&tech made it an easy decision. But even w/o doing design&tech, the comm. questions seemed easier and more straightforward than the biotech questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)