Blue or black pens (1 Viewer)

HSC
What is the reason why black pens are preferred? I wanna state rank but im scared they wont pick me for using a blue pen

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
What is the reason why black pens are preferred? I wanna state rank but im scared they wont pick me for using a blue pen
LOL I accidentally used blue pen during the entirety of paper 1, I asked the supervisor and she said its ok just dont for the rest of the papers. Apparently its because when they scan the papers to mark black pen appears clearer so it makes it easier

photastic

HSC
LOL I accidentally used blue pen during the entirety of paper 1, I asked the supervisor and she said its ok just dont for the rest of the papers. Apparently its because when they scan the papers to mark black pen appears clearer so it makes it easier
Agreed, just use black, if not some supervisors will give you really good black pens anyways.

atargainz

HSC
I don't think using a blue pen would cause them to avoid picking you for a state rank. But black pen is preferred according to the front page of the HSC papers (blue is still allowed), probably because black scans better.
My HSC papers have been saying "Black Pen ONLY" and supervisors were giving black pens to people who had blue pens

photastic

HSC
My HSC papers have been saying "Black Pen ONLY" and supervisors were giving black pens to people who had blue pens
Wow, they actually got rid of blue pens on the front page didn't even notice. Just bring blue pens (hide the black ones) for free black pens I guess.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Lol you should still bring your own black ones in case, since it said on the HSC timetable that borrowing equipment is not allowed. But yeah, don't bring blue then, just black.

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
I don't think using a blue pen would cause them to avoid picking you for a state rank. But black pen is preferred according to the front page of the HSC papers (blue is still allowed), probably because black scans better.
You're correct. Was it not explained to you guys that black pens were preferred because it scans better?

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
Do you get to keep the black pens supervisors give? Asking for research purposes....

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
Was never explained to me by an official BOSTES person or anything, so I didn't want to say definitively that that was the reason.
That's weird because it was explained to us clearly that it was for scanning purposes. Wait, you're doing the 2015 HSC, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)