Boost Juice (1 Viewer)

HSC
Does anyone work here? If so, would you be able to pass me any tips on what to wear and tips on what to do in the interview? It's my first job interview ever! I've always wanted to work here !!!*excitedNERVOUSexcited* :eek: :) :eek:

groovejet

HSC
N/A
Be friendly, outgoing and you will probably be teamed up with a few other people in some group activities. Try to be proactive and work with them and know why you want to work for them.

HSC
How incredibly encouraging, Ennaybur.
It's my first job so I'm not going to be picky. Any tips on what to wear, bring, say etc...

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Haha the job itself is easy, but the pay is shitty mcshit (except on saturday). It works really well around uni, though.

AAANYWHO. I wore dark jeans and a nice t-shirt to my "interview"... but it wasn't really an interview. She just talked about what I'd be doing, what the job involved etc, and I occasionally chimed in but mostly just smiled and nodded. Fact is, if they're desperate for employees they'll give anyone who speaks english a trial shift.

Boost is good because (i've found) your fellow employees are friendly, my boss isn't a mcbitch, it's easy to do and customers are generally easygoing (except businesspeople at the end of their lunch hour who place an order and expect it to be done in 2 minutes even though they can see the line trailing out the door).

Which Boost is it? I know my boss is hiring atm...

HSC
Well any money is good, if you don't have a job. It's great how it works around uni but I don't get to work weekends. Yeah I was told the interview would be a 'very relaxed chat, provididng job decsription' so I calmed down. So I'll definitely wear jeans, I just wasn't sure if it was as lenient as Maccas, is all. Fingers crossed that I get it, well I should according to what you said. Thanks for the advice. Was much appreciated.
The Boost I applied to is the one in Hunter St, near Wynyard Station I think.

Last edited:

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I worked there a bit last year
and they paid $10 for being 18
roughted badly
so I quit.

HSC
I get that the pay is bad. But I need a job full stop. So I'll just rock up tomorrow and bring nothing...?

goan_crazy

HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
I get that the pay is bad. But I need a job full stop. So I'll just rock up tomorrow and bring nothing...?
take your resume
i took that
but yeah
they don't really care that your a uni student

and yeah know about boost juice, I got asked questions :)
Good luck :D

HSC
I wasn't even going to bring it considering the woman already read it. I'll do my research and thanks!
P.S what did you wear?

goan_crazy

HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
I wasn't even going to bring it considering the woman already read it. I'll do my research and thanks!
P.S what did you wear?
formal pants
and collared shirt

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Haha that's where I work now. Sue's going on a hiring rampage before uni starts and all the experienced people go back to school. She's a good boss, and the vast majority of us Boosties are lovely people =).

But I'll need to find a new job before i turn 19 because i'll be more expensive to pay, plus it'll be winter and half the rostered shifts will get cancelled because it's just so quiet. Plus the store isn't open on saturdays when it's cold. Sue is pretty ruthless with shift cutting, sending people home early in slow times etc.

Heaps of people get trial shifts, work for a few weeks and quit. Doesn't bother me, new people are slow. Keep at it, it's good spending money and you'll pick it all up pretty quickly.

Anyway, good luck. I'm sure you'll get a trial, everyone does.

HSC
Same Boost, how funny. Thanks for all the advice :) . So you're looking for somewhere else to work, good luck with that, & hope to say hi to you in person :wave: !!

HSC
I start this Friday. :D The 'interview' was funneh because she just talked and I didn't really have to say anything. I just maintained eye contact and smiled...heh. So are there any perks working at Boost? Oh and I thought it'd be kinda rude if I asked about pay so I didn't. How much does a 17 year old get paid anyhoo?

HSC
I applied at the one in Hunter St, near Wynyard Station. But there are two other Boosts looking for people. They're both in the City. One's in Bathurst St and the other's in Clarence St.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)