Boost Juice (1 Viewer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
cerebaton said:
Wow we're in almost the same situation. I've got 22hrs of uni a week and it generally takes me between 1 and 1.5 hrs to get to uni from my house. I have quite a few early starts and finish late in the afternoon on most days which sucks...I also have these massive breaks which I try to study in but usually end up sleeping on the library lawn or something similar. The only times I'm really able to work are the night shifts. Currently, I work about 12-15 hrs a week at Maccas, but I've found this to be too hard to maintain already =/. I hate having ot come home early in the morning and knowing I have to be awake in 5 hrs time for uni. So I guess I'm gonna change it so I only do about 8-10hrs and only on Mondays and Fridays nights. Friday nights are the best tmes to work imo, as you don't have to worry about uni the next day or what not. I prefer to keep my weekends free for study, going out, etc.

Yikes! I have anywhere between 13 and 21 hours a week (8/13 weeks I have a school visit all day wednesday), so I've been working 1 or 2 shifts after uni during the week and also on saturdays, and that suits me fine (I read like crazy on the 2 hours of public transport I catch).
But for you I think that would be quite difficult. Assess how much you need the money and really consider how it would impact your study.

And yes, we have met Iheartpaulfrank. I'm Megan (brunette, not asian, not a newbie).

HSC
What I meant was you didn't need to give me the extra details about yourself. I remember you. :)

cuppy

HSC
N/A
Iheartpaulfrank said:
23 hours?! It takes me about an hour to get to uni, but I only have a 13 hour week. :)
only 13 hours and its over five days?!?? you must have long chunky breaks.

20++ hours is what you get if you're doing a science course (or in my case half my course). i know a few people who managed to cram those 23 hours into four days! i don't know how they manage.

HSC
not so. I have a 3 hr break on Thursdays and on other days I have a max 1 hr break. I finish early. I would much rather a day off but I can't help it.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
not so. I have a 3 hr break on Thursdays and on other days I have a max 1 hr break. I finish early. I would much rather a day off but I can't help it.
hey i totally know what u mean. i only have 14 hours of class a week but i still have to go everyday coz some lectures were only on at certain times and stuff. kinda sucks coz i have pretty good breaks but nothing long enough to do a shift of work in, plus i live 2 hrs away from uni :s ... i really really tried to get fridays off so i could work but nooo. one lecture. one. in the middle of the day. :burn: lol.

sheknows

HSC
I got an interview at the Boost Juice in chatswood on saturday :D

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Nope.

It depends on whether they're owned by Boost Juice or by a person. There's quite a big difference in pay between stores.

karoooh

HSC
Do corporate stores tend to pay more or does the franchise?

sheknows

HSC
sheknows said:
I got an interview at the Boost Juice in chatswood on saturday :D
So the interview went well, they said they'd call me on monday to set up a trial - it was basically implied i'd got the job. No call on monday, so I gave her a ring and she said she meant Tuesday since it was a public holiday. Got the call on Tuesday, she said it was really hectic and would definately have a time for me tomorrow to come in. Got the call today, and she said they filled the position - gave it to someone else with better availability.

I mean.. dont lead me on for 3 days implying that i'll have a trial and then to tell me they gave it to someone else. They said it was availability was the only thing that made them consider someone else.

I'll get over it. But I just thought they went about it the wrong way

Last edited:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
karoooh said:
Do corporate stores tend to pay more or does the franchise?

That I'm not sure about.

I know of one store where the shift leader they have is being payed some $8 an hour more than people at stores in my area. Now that might be because:
a) She's the only shift leader they have, so she's being given an incentive to work from open to close every single day.
b) The store is a corporate one, which pays more (I only know the pay rate for my store, and another one in my area. Both are franchises)
c) The store makes more money than mine/stores in my area, so she gets paid more than I do.

So I have nothing solid to say to you haha.

HSC
sheknows said:
So the interview went well, they said they'd call me on monday to set up a trial - it was basically implied i'd got the job. No call on monday, so I gave her a ring and she said she meant Tuesday since it was a public holiday. Got the call on Tuesday, she said it was really hectic and would definately have a time for me tomorrow to come in. Got the call today, and she said they filled the position - gave it to someone else with better availability.

I mean.. dont lead me on for 3 days implying that i'll have a trial and then to tell me they gave it to someone else. They said it was availability was the only thing that made them consider someone else.

That was so wrong of them. Looks like I might have to go, cos of my limited availablity too.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
sheknows said:

That sucks the big one :\

liz100

HSC
sheknows said:

that exact same boost did the same thing to my friend!

xxPanDa

HSC
anyone else working at boost?
how much would 18yr old get paid?
hmmmm, do u think ill get the job with out having any job experience?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)