Boredofstudies exam forums: Doing more harm than good? (1 Viewer)

PRSOV

I know its good to discuss after exams what answers you got for that particular exams and to make any relevant comments about the exam, but I always find out what mistakes I made from the exam my discussing on these forums, "DOHHHHHH"

What are your thoughts? does disecting an exam after its over do more harm than good ?

Huy

HSC
N/A
It's good :)

Always better to learn from your mistakes than have a false sense of security eg "I aced it"

Can't talk much, too hot.

:p

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
sometimes it's good, but the other time, it can make you feel bad coz you realise how much you've got wrong or how crap you have done in comparison with others

is a roflcopter
HSC
i usuallly never check it except for the generic "how much did you write" topics, etc because im pretty crapass and i dont wana have a crappo feeling at the back of my head during hsc

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Well It's totally up to you.

Those who want to discuss it will post and read.

You aren't forced to read it.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
It worried my friend...but seriously....if you went into the exam and knew what you learnt then it shouldn't be much of a problem.

For example l did crap in the chemistry exam, but it gave me a bit of relief when l found that people answered very similar to how l did.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i agree with the others that said it can be both good and bad.
i mean, i guess we arent going to learn anything now, its not like its the trials and we have a chance to learn from our mistakes
and it can be disheartening to read what the others put
but usually with mine, according to what others put, the ones that i *might* have got wrong are either ones i was tossing up between two answers, or i had no idea and guessed (well thats for the mc anyway)..
but i guess what other people put is their opinion, and just because they post it and *think* it is the right answer doesnt mean it necessarily is.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
But what if you really really thought you did well.

I can't really say which is a better position to be in.

Be disappointed early and planning anything that is required

Or being totally diappoint on the day the HSC/UAI is released.

I personally would rather be disappointed from the exam thoughts than be utter disgraced when i see my HSC results.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Well, last year in the ME2 Exam forum, some members made up crap, except everyone saw through them...

Now that I got that out of way.
---
What I meant to say was, you get a feel for what everyone felt the exam was like, and puts things into perspective.

Overshoot

While admin may crow that the average UAI on the forum is 90 or whatever it is, I believe that if this forum didn't exist, the average UAI of the same group of people would be at least 2 points higher.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Overshoot
While admin may crow that the average UAI on the forum is 90 or whatever it is, I believe that if this forum didn't exist, the average UAI of the same group of people would be at least 2 points higher.
or in my case, 70 higher (lol, im so going for less than 30..nah, i think i did ok..just lets hope everyone screwed up maths worse than me)

Huy

HSC
N/A
I didn't know our average UAI on BOS was 90.00 :p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Hey, I'm not so sure whether I'd be two points higher. BoS does help and doesn't help... and your UAI isn't going to be affected by a couple of hours on BoS.

Should note, that the regular postin' members might've lowered the Average, since we got a huge influx of people who wanted to post their results, because they were good.

crazylilmonkee

HSC
a lot of good points are raised.. esp bout how its up to u if u wanna read what people have typed bout the exam.. it might make u think 'damn i got it wrong' but u learn from it and u just have to accept the way things have turned out..

s2ophie

HSC
I think its great. You can't change your exam after you have done it and it helps to vent if an exam was particularly crap ie biology

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Bored Of Studies.. A Threat To Our Youth?.

The question is one that has challenged many influential thinkers for generations, pondering whether detrimental elements in society may be attributed to this forum, including disappointment and counter-productive exam discussion. Not only is the forum evil, some would claim, but it is also out to steal our precious bodily fluids.. :D

However, I think it isn't really a bad thing, as discussion does allow you to gauge difficulty on a wider scale than your immediate friends and/or classmates. Quite helpful, actually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)