BoS School holiday HSC Seminars (1 Viewer)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Are you in Year 12 looking for an edge for your upcoming HSC exams? Do you find that you know your theory but still have difficulty with some exam questions?

Are you a Year 11 student looking to get ahead for the HSC course next term? Do you really understand the Preliminary course concepts that are assumed knowledge for the HSC?

Bored of Studies will be hosting FREE seminars for Mathematics and Chemistry for both Year 11 and Year 12 students!

The HSC seminars will largely be about equipping you with useful techniques for tackling the more challenging questions in the upcoming HSC exam. The Preliminary seminars will be largely about preparing you for new syllabus content and getting ready for the onslaught of the HSC course. Our presenters are highly respected contributors to this website and incredibly knowledgable so you will undoubtedly find these seminars very useful!

About our Mathematics presenter - Carrotsticks
• Former administrator of our website
• Over 8 years of experience in tutoring
• Founder and co-writer of our BoS trials
• Co-author of the Mastering Mathematics textbook series published by the Mathematical Association of NSW (MANSW)

About our Chemistry presenter - ConquerHSC
• Founder of ConquerHSC website (a free website with comprehensive resources particularly dedicated to Chemistry and Biology)
• Author of our website's top rated Chemistry resource - a full 3 hour Chemistry trial paper for the new syllabus.
• Over 4 years of experience in tutoring
• Tutor of first year Chemistry tutorials at UNSW

Date
Saturday 12th October 2019
Place
Macquarie Room
Parramatta Library
1-3 Fitzwilliam Street
Parramatta NSW

It is literally right next to Parramatta station!
1569654799513.png
Seminar times and descriptions

For Year 12 students about to head into their HSC exams
HSC CHEMISTRY
9.50am - 11.10am
• Ways to tackle harder equilibrium constant, back titration and precipitation titration HSC questions
• Methods to handle spectroscopy theory in HSC questions
• General exam techniques and demonstration of these on sample exam questions to help you get full marks!
HSC MATHEMATICS ADVANCED or HSC MATHEMATICS EXTENSION 1
11.20am - 12.40pm

• Techniques to break down harder questions in the HSC exam
• Ways to analyse the question for clues of the solution
• Planning your approach to complicated problems and proofs in the HSC exam

For Year 11 students about to commence the HSC course - but Year 12 students also welcome to attend for revision (for example on permutations/combinations)
PRELIM/HSC CHEMISTRY
12.50pm - 2.10pm
• Thermodynamic concepts from the preliminary course (such as enthalpy and entropy) and how they relate to HSC Module 5 - Equilibrium and Acid Reactions
• Application of concentration/dilution formulae and how they are used in HSC Module 6 -Acid/Base Reactions
• Intramolecular and intermolecular bonds and how they apply in HSC Module 7 - Organic Chemistry
PRELIM/HSC MATHEMATICS EXTENSION 1
2.20pm - 3.40pm

• Basics of permutations and combinations (one of the toughest topics in the course!)
• The pigeonhole principle (a new syllabus concept!)
• Solving problems using permutations, combinations and the pigeonhole principle
How to register
Please send me a private message (here or click on "Start a new conversation" on my profile) stating the following:
• Name
• School
• Which seminars you wish to register for
• The above details of any others you wish to bring with you
Looking forward to seeing you there :)

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
I would encourage everyone to go to the Math one. I was lucky enough to have Carrotsticks as a tutor and man is he good! I would say the best teacher I've ever had.
10/10 would recommend this seminar

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Bump! This is in two days! Still spots available, particularly for the Prelim/HSC sessions.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Thanks to those that attended today! Hope you found the seminars informative and useful for your studies.

That was also one of the biggest turnouts we’ve ever had for our HSC seminars! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)