BOS sending out new HSC Pins (1 Viewer)

M

MichelleV

Apologies if this doesn't belong here; I wasn't sure where else to put it though D:

Today I got a letter in the mail from the Board of Studies stating that EVERYONE has been issued a new pin for their exam results.
The letter is dated December 5th (so I don't know why I got it so early), but I thought i would make everybody aware of this on here so nobody started freaking out if they used their old pins and wondered why they couldn't get results etc.

It's kind of silly to do this now though. A few of my friends have gone home overseas, so they aren't going to have any idea what their new pins are...and then people who've just gone on holidays with family or whatever.

Anyhow,
Best of luck and I hope everybody's results are what they want.

http://news.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/index.cfm/2011/12/2/New-HSC-PINs
^
The BOS site also has more info, just incase :)

Last edited by a moderator:

thorax94

HSC
Thanks for this. My school asked for my phone number recently. Apparently BOS will text your atar to you now.

Galladrim

HSC
Yes I got this letter already too.

Why are they doing this? I simply cannot think of a feasible reason aside from the possibility that their security may have been compromised.

Or perhaps they're just being cynical and figuring since half the state will have already lost/ forgotten their pin, they'll just resend it anyway.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for this. My school asked for my phone number recently. Apparently BOS will text your atar to you now.
In the letter it says to text: "student number *space* new HSC pin" to some number to get them by text.

Yes I got this letter already too.

Why are they doing this? I simply cannot think of a feasible reason aside from the possibility that their security may have been compromised.

Or perhaps they're just being cynical and figuring since half the state will have already lost/ forgotten their pin, they'll just resend it anyway.
These are the exact reasons I was thinking when I open it this morning.
My mum thought they fucked up and sent my results around early so woke me to open it in front of her. Haha

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
motherfuckers send me a new pin and tell me to visit students online
the only time i've ever used it and i go there and they say they've disabled log-in to prepare for the release of results

how do we get sent atar?
online? in the mail? text?

uac is in charge of atar, not bos?

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
motherfuckers send me a new pin and tell me to visit students online
the only time i've ever used it and i go there and they say they've disabled log-in to prepare for the release of results

how do we get sent atar?
online? in the mail? text?

uac is in charge of atar, not bos?
There was an ATAR pack thing sent out with a whole heap of information on the ATAR.

jniranjan

HSC
Conspiracy theory: The BOS got hacked by a disgruntled HSC student, but they just don't want to admit it.

loaves

HSC
^ I don't think it's that unlikely, tbh - obviously security was somehow compromised, or else BOS wouldn't have left it this late to issue new pins.

And I still haven't got mine...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)