BOS sends school only half their exam papers (1 Viewer)

sophia711

HSC
Anybody else got any stories like this?

http://balmain-village-voice.wherei...board-of-studies-sends-only-half-exam-papers/

FORGET about simple exam stress, for this HSC student the Ancient History exam was delayed by a Board of Studies error.
Giulia Mason, 17, was stressed before the exam, which was taken by 12,328 students last Thursday.
Making matters worse, the Board of Studies had only sent 27 Ancient History papers to her school, St Scholastica’s College in Glebe, where 49 students waited to sit the exam.
``Presiding officers had to start photocopying and there were not enough photocopiers in the school,’’ Giulia said.
``It was really freaking us out.’‘
After the exam finished, the students applied for a group misadventure form.
While baffled by the error, Giulia said ``it was a pretty fair exam.’‘

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
shit, that is really bad :S
but surely the teachers/supervisors would check the papers beforehand and make sure something like this didn't happen

kfnmpah

HSC
THAT'S MY SCHOOL

schols moles reppin this bitch!

also, that girl, giulia, is rally lovely (from what i remember >2 year ago). Just sayin'

also, that sucks. wtf, BOS, wtf?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
That sounds strange to me as I was under the impression that the supervisors were supposed to count the number of papers sent and check that they had enough when they picked them up and signed for them (nothing to do with the teachers by the way as they have nothing to do with the papers and can't see them until at least an hour after the exam has begun)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Very surprising indeed. This school is next to ours, mmm...

Carl5

HSC
My school had the exact same thing happen for IT. They only sent 5 and we had 8 people or something. So they just photocopied the paper, which I'm not even sure if they're allowed to do... :\

powlmao

Banned
HSC
My school had the exact same thing happen for IT. They only sent 5 and we had 8 people or something. So they just photocopied the paper, which I'm not even sure if they're allowed to do... :\
I am sure they can, otherwise what else can they do.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If they are short of papers they are allowed to photocopy them so long as they don't let other teachers or students see them - and they have to tell the BOS I believe that they have had to do so.

Carl5

HSC
I am sure they can, otherwise what else can they do.
Yeah, that's what I thought but they were saying it wasn't really allowed. But under these circumstances it should have been fine.

EDIT: Ah ok, cem has cleared it up =D

powlmao

Banned
HSC
i really dont see why they deserve misadventure
I don't think they will get it, i mean come'on all what happened was that their exam was post-poned

Yeah, that's what I thought but they were saying it wasn't really allowed. But under these circumstances it should have been fine.
I wouldn't imagine it would be wrong in any circumstance

I mean what else can they do? They can't contact the BOS and have new papers shipped in time for that day, it isn't possible.

crazybea

HSC
N/A
shit
for SOR2.. they were short a mc sheet

and we were delayed by 10 - 15 mins

shud we apply as well?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
This misadventure would be on the grounds of added stress because things didn't run smoothly. Whether or not they will get it - who knows.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
This misadventure would be on the grounds of added stress because things didn't run smoothly. Whether or not they will get it - who knows.
Would be sorta unfair considering it really wouldn't put additional stress

shit
for SOR2.. they were short a mc sheet

and we were delayed by 10 - 15 mins

shud we apply as well?
I doubt you will get it, you weren't really disadvantaged.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)