Bridget Jones's Diary - Edge of Reason! (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Bridget Jones 2!

Has anyone else seen it yet!

I thought it was really funny, I love Bridget! She is such an everywoman!!!! I laughed the most I have laughed in ages!!!

So who else rushed out and saw it today?

astro

HSC
I'm going to see it on sunday....can't wait to see the darcy and cleaver fight...

i'm half expecting silverstone to start bagging out renee zellweger

Last edited:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Oh god the darcy/cleaver fight is so so so sooooooooooooo funny!!!!!!

And I wasn't a massive massive fan of the first one, but for some reason I loved this one... maybe cos I only saw the last one on DVD and not at the cinema

kaity

HSC
i havent seen the 2nd 1 but i'v seen the 1st and read the books and i luvd them so i wanna see the 2nd ASAP!!!!!!!!!!! it looks REALLY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
oh I saw the preview screening on monday. I loved it! Especially the rebecca storyline with the whole "but my legs only go up to HERE!"

AND the song at the end 'Everlasting Love' I absolutely adore and I remember a couple of years ago my friends used to knock me for liking it. HAH to them :D

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Im wondering if anything in Number 2 can top the hilarity of "Kafta's Motorbike" dinner in the first one, where Bridget Introduces the author.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
couldnt go today had priorities (formal shopping)

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
watched it today, la premiere at chatswood ;D sweeeeet.

twas great, though nothing beats the first one :p
gotta love bridge.

V

val_dramaqueen

seen the first, waiting for the second to come out here in coffs harbour (we're a bit slow up here!!!).. but i've read the books and love them so much!

as soon as it's here, i'm there!... hope that makes sence! :p

C

CaR

It was pretty good...better than what I'd expected (still prefer the first :D)

leathaface

It was alright... pretty much on-par with About A Boy (haven't seen the first BJD movie).

Walked out for a while trying to find where they were playing "Hero"... Even though I saw it on VCD, I wanted to see it on the big screen since it such a beautiful movie.

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
yeah it was reallly funny. did rene zellweger purposely put on weight for this film? then lose weight again after? she's really skinny now

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Bridget Jones Diary: Edge of Reason

Hey,

Who's seen it? I saw it today, and it was so good. It was hilarious. Although, the story line was very very similar to the first. But it was so funny, and Colin Firth looks as gorgeous as usual.
What are your thoughts?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I saw the twist with Rebecca coming, but imo, it wrecked the movie (for someone who had read the book, which did alot more with her.) I was expecting cat-fights and bitchiness, not what happened.

N.B.: The ending in the book was different, and Darcy sleeps with you know who. He says something along the lines of

"I was a guest at her house, it was only polite" :rolleyes:

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
i thought it was great! light hearted, feel good for singletons - but the same sort of humour to the first :)

ive decided i love hugh grant and colin firth in different ways :p

but darcy is timeless

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
mushroom_head said:
yeah it was reallly funny. did rene zellweger purposely put on weight for this film? then lose weight again after? she's really skinny now
Yeah she did gain weight for her character. About 15 pounds or something like that.
I watched it today, and it was so funny. I didn't expect it to be so good, but it was and I loved every minute of it. The storyline however, was really similar to the old one. But it was great! I recommend anyone who hasn't seen it to go see it!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)