Bridging + engineering (1 Viewer)

krisspy

HSC
Hi guys

Im planning on doing a BEngineering course for uni next year and i was wondering about th bridging courses offered.

Unfortunately im only a band 5-6 General maths student (i got lazy to do 2 unit) and ill be needing to take 2 bridging courses for Engineering.

I was wondering how this works, like do i take both bridging courses at the same time? or one after the other? because it would be hard learning the advanced stuff before i know the basics.

And how long do these bridging courses go for? and do you do them while your doing the degree?

And how would this be, like the workload n stuff...i hear engineering has a high level of dropouts.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Um... the maths in engineering would is quite hard. Chances are if you were too lazy to do 2 unit you will drop out first semester because, lol.

I suggest you take a 2 unit course and leave it at that. The fundamentals of calculus are very important but because Extension 1 often runs concurrently with the mathematics course I doubt you could do both.

I would tell you to apply at UTS as they have a level of maths for 2 unit knowledge and "normal" maths. UNSW and USYD have a set level of mathematics which is comparatively harder. Unless you are set on going to UWS, I don't really know much about it.

HSC
Maths for Engineers 1 had a 40% fail rate last semester and alot of them came from G.Maths or lazy 2unit students so the chances of someone coming from G.maths in yr 12 are queit shit. So the best soloution would be to.

1) Enrol in the 2unit bridging course (just enrol in the 2unit 1 because the 3unt on top of 2unit would be too much work for 3-4weeks)

2) Use one of your electives to do Fundammentals of Maths for the first semester, pass it then do Maths 1.

the fundamentals of maths is at the level of 2unit with some topics simalar (but not as in depth/hard) as Maths1 and intros you to calculus so its a pretty good option to take. A few of my 2nd yr mates did this way and done queit well so just be prepared to work hard.

Good luck.

JhK89

HSC
wasnt the bridging courses at uws for engineering free?

and yeah ^ what the said above take the bridging course in ME1 we do stuff from 2 unit to 4 unit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)