Bummed out after my internals for english so far (1 Viewer)

mfhs2022

HSC
Hey all,

Upon receiving my assessment task 3 marks, I'm pretty exhausted in putting so much effort into English advanced yet receiving a lowly, trashy mark. Just to clarify, my rank as of the first and second task was 70ish/108 students in a top 100 school. It sucks because I know people who do little to no work yet get rewarded with free As whereas my efforts result into mere low B/mid B marks. And on top of that, the feedback my teachers give are so incredibly broad that it would apply to any student doing the HSC in NSW. If you're curious, my marks for my assessments so far are:
Common Mod Speech: 13/20 -- It was in this task where I was incredibly demotivated due to my substantial effort in trying to get into the A range, and probably affected my mentality for the rest of my assessments.
Mod A Essay: 14/20 -- Honestly, I knew I did pretty bad. Most likely as a backlash of my poor mentality due to my results in the first task. But upon gathering motivation, I decided to not let it affect the next task.
Mod B+C combined task: 13/20 -- The matter of the fact is that, this task in particular, was a really weird task that didn't really assess anything. In summation, the task was basically a combined mod B+C task where we had to write a creative and a reflection with respect to our Mod B prescribed texts. It was in this task where I put quite a bit of effort, especially in doing timed practice responses to creative prompts that my tutor had given. I was pretty shocked, and now I'm basically sort of done with this course.
And now, after the cumulation of disappointment that I've experienced, I really wish that I hadn't been so sad after assessment task 1 for advanced English. I let myself down and definitely should have recovered sooner in order to score better marks. It really sucks because I also go English tutoring, which has indefinitely benefitted my overall knowledge for my texts and modules but the fact is that I'm receiving such lowly marks in spite of going tutoring, which makes me really sad and frustrated.
I still have trials to rely on, but its only worth 25% (all tasks r worth 25% each) so there isn't much hope of it boosting my rank.
Sorry if this makes any other year 12 demotivated but I really needed somewhere to vent my frustrations and I wish the best for our cohort to do well in our upcoming trial examinations.
If you've read this far, thanks and have a lovely day.

mfhs2022

HSC
Just to clarify, the strangeness of assessment task 3 was mainly due to the fact that we hadn't even gone through how to write a creative+reflection. We were mainly studying critical readings (Mod B work) and yea, that task relied purely on self-study and it was basically a matter of luck + creative writing capabilities that determined your mark.

jdng

HSC
Hey all,

Upon receiving my assessment task 3 marks, I'm pretty exhausted in putting so much effort into English advanced yet receiving a lowly, trashy mark. Just to clarify, my rank as of the first and second task was 70ish/108 students in a top 100 school. It sucks because I know people who do little to no work yet get rewarded with free As whereas my efforts result into mere low B/mid B marks. And on top of that, the feedback my teachers give are so incredibly broad that it would apply to any student doing the HSC in NSW. If you're curious, my marks for my assessments so far are:
Common Mod Speech: 13/20 -- It was in this task where I was incredibly demotivated due to my substantial effort in trying to get into the A range, and probably affected my mentality for the rest of my assessments.
Mod A Essay: 14/20 -- Honestly, I knew I did pretty bad. Most likely as a backlash of my poor mentality due to my results in the first task. But upon gathering motivation, I decided to not let it affect the next task.
Mod B+C combined task: 13/20 -- The matter of the fact is that, this task in particular, was a really weird task that didn't really assess anything. In summation, the task was basically a combined mod B+C task where we had to write a creative and a reflection with respect to our Mod B prescribed texts. It was in this task where I put quite a bit of effort, especially in doing timed practice responses to creative prompts that my tutor had given. I was pretty shocked, and now I'm basically sort of done with this course.
And now, after the cumulation of disappointment that I've experienced, I really wish that I hadn't been so sad after assessment task 1 for advanced English. I let myself down and definitely should have recovered sooner in order to score better marks. It really sucks because I also go English tutoring, which has indefinitely benefitted my overall knowledge for my texts and modules but the fact is that I'm receiving such lowly marks in spite of going tutoring, which makes me really sad and frustrated.
I still have trials to rely on, but its only worth 25% (all tasks r worth 25% each) so there isn't much hope of it boosting my rank.
Sorry if this makes any other year 12 demotivated but I really needed somewhere to vent my frustrations and I wish the best for our cohort to do well in our upcoming trial examinations.
If you've read this far, thanks and have a lovely day.

I'm totally in your exact position right now. Was doing well with a top 50 rank but dropped by almost 40 ranks due to my last assignment. My trials are also only worth 25% so idk how well I can boost my rank. Worst mark I've ever gotten for english. I cried for two days straight cos I knew people who did that assignment the day before it was due yet still got way higher than me. I legit couldn't get out of bed yesterday because of it LOL, but I've managed to turn that sadness into motivation. I basically kept telling myself 'never put yourself through that ever again'(the crying stage after a bad mark) and I've been asking people who usually get high 90s to give me some advice and ask them for tips on how they study. Anyways this is me procrastinating instead of writing an English essays. Good luck for ur trials and just do the exams without any regrets

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)