Bushranger Question SC English (1 Viewer)

Dod0

HSC
What did you guys put down for the question on the contrasts ?

I would just like to know = P

suzlee

HSC
I said that the way it described the nature and Jessica's surroundings contrasted the bushranger's appearance..................

alan7948

HSC
lol i reckon this was the hardest question in the whole paper

dc1337

HSC
Yeah it was. I had no idea so I wrote some random shit down. XD there goes like 3 marks.

Dod0

HSC
The bush ranger appearance thing is kind of what I put although I'm pretty sure I screwed it up xD

rolror88

HSC
N/A
I found the short answer section the hardest section.

I took a stupid stab and wrote that it contrasted with the idea that Bushrangers are brave and masculine figures, instead he was portrayed as sad.

TheFeared

HSC
I put Jessica's timidness compared to his unknownness. Was really shit. I hated the short answer. I repeated myself in the letter to the editor and for the story it was really boring

suzlee

HSC
Why did it have to be a written text....... Most past papers had something visual like a cartoon, advertisement or something.

I agree on this section being hardest.

serendipityy

HSC
suzlee said:
I said that the way it described the nature and Jessica's surroundings contrasted the bushranger's appearance..................

yeah i think that sounds about right
all my friends say they wrote that

man i dont know what i was talking about
i said something like the contrast was the bushranger's apperance to the bear or something

LOL

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Crap o_O; For the contrasts question I put something about the descriptions of dramatic scenery compared with the ordinary scene involving cicadas >_>;

LiLBoBo

HSC
im pretty sure the contrast they want was that Jess describe him as a dangerous and scary figured, then everything just shifted, and she was feeling sympathetic about him and that. But it's really an open question, if it makes sense then you should get the mark.

Last edited:

Somnolence

HSC
I wrote about how the initial description of the bushranger juxtaposed with his sombre mood - or something to that effect.

I think I went well with that question. At least I hope I did :p

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
suzlee said:
Same here. I said this before on another thread, i'll copy and paste :

For the english contrast question, I discussed the contrast between the setting (lovely country atmosphere, onomatopeia 'swish' implies freedom (lol wtf), use of tactile imagery, colours and textures etc), juxtaposed with the bushranger (portrayed as dark and mysterious, looming, etc), and reinforced with the quote 'he looked out of place' or something.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
serendipityy said:
yeah i think that sounds about right
all my friends say they wrote that

man i dont know what i was talking about
i said something like the contrast was the bushranger's apperance to the bear or something

LOL

Bear?
There was a bear?

XD

speedofsound

HSC
dc1337 said:
Yeah it was. I had no idea so I wrote some random shit down. XD there goes like 3 marks.
HAHA same.

I can't even describe what I put down... I wrote that the realistic situation of the Bushranger contrasted with what the actual situation was o_O

Something like "no stormy winds, lack of menace" or something contrasted with Jessica's rather calm environment. And that this contrast was shown by dramatic description of the first sentence contrasted with the simplicity of the next one.

Or some crap.

Cramkid

HSC
LiLBoBo said:
im pretty sure the contrast they want was that Jess describe him as a dangerous and scary figured, then everything just shifted, and she was feeling sympathetic about him and that. But it's really an open question, if it makes sense then you should get the mark.
that's exactly how I answered the question, but then when I was discussing that question with my friends (who were completely wtfing at too) everyone had put something different, some didn't even answer it. But then someone said they wrote how the bushranger was portrayed to be sad and shy yet he was kind of a large, rugged figure.. And I thought that answer would've made more sense...

Oh god I was so uninspired with my story, it went nowhere and didn't have a proper climax, and then I saw that I had only 5 minutes left so I had to rush my way through a decent conclusion. Didn't get to look over anything :mad1: But whatever, it's just the SC, hopefully my marks will get scaled up times a lot :p

Lukybear

HSC
pwoh said:
Crap o_O; For the contrasts question I put something about the descriptions of dramatic scenery compared with the ordinary scene involving cicadas >_>;
yea crap is rite. I put about the same thing, except mine was a tranquil atmosphere vs a suspensfull atmosphere

dam

DoctorPie

HSC
pwoh said:
Exactly what I put. Basically the drama of a stormy sky/whatever she described contrasted with the hot and relaxed nature of the farm.

This section was definitely the hardest; I was expecting multiple choice to be difficult but it wasn't.

What did you guys put in the MC question about lines 3-5 in the magazine article about the water police (8 foot high waves etc)?

I had suspenseful, but crossed it out and answered it as melodramatic. I'm still not sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)