Busl (1 Viewer)

blackrider89

HSC
Hi guys. I feel so scared owing to the fact that some of exams are coming so soon, lol :blah:. And I have some queries regarding the BUSL250 mis-term exam which I (we) concerns most:

_It's a open-book exam. Have it been that last sem(s)? Coz I do not fully understand how a Multiple Choice test can be open-book?

_Can u guys tell me which are (were) the types of questions we will (would) be asked? And which parts are the emphasises? I think it will be the Torts and Negligence parts, but not so sure about the types of the questions. Were there any questions of definition?

_Was the exams so hard? Coz I've heard something really scary about the exams in the past (nearly half failed...).

Thanks heaps in advance 4 ur advice.

HSC
Re: About the BUSL250 mid-term exam

I remember the lecturer saying something about taking in the book.

She said there are going to be some extracts on blackboard this week as well, but you cannot take them in.

Look at it this way, the take home assignment you can do with a bunch of mates at the end of the day.

It is 40% which I think is stupid for a 20 multiple choice exam.

But ask the Vicki about the book to make sure.

blackrider89

HSC

I remember the lecturer saying something about taking in the book.

She said there are going to be some extracts on blackboard this week as well, but you cannot take them in.

Look at it this way, the take home assignment you can do with a bunch of mates at the end of the day.

It is 40% which I think is stupid for a 20 multiple choice exam.

But ask the Vicki about the book to make sure.
Her name 's Verita, is it not? Yup we can bring the both 2 books and the Civil Liability Act 2002 inclusive.

Wow, 40% and 40 Multiple choice questions. And no sample so far? So confused at all. It accounts 4 nearly half of the total assessment so if we do shit at it, I assume that we will be in big troubles. And it 's not worth being that owing to a MC exam, haizzz :jedi:.

Last edited:
HSC

Yeah veirti or something lol, Yeah i was talking to my mate today he said that the time limit you are given, you will have no time to open that book. So yeah i just hope its A B C D no E lol. More opportunity to do better. Its just stupid how they have set it out.

blackrider89

HSC

My m8 joined the evening Lecture on Thursday and Verita showed them 10 past questions. She also told them that maybe we would have 15 questions based on Case Study (focusing on Negligence) like the Classical Donoghue v Stevenson...The rest would be some definitions or theoretical questions...

My tutors gave us some (I assume it to be) useful notes. Happy with that. He also noticed us to read Chap 8+9 in Business Law 4th. Much essential than chapter 4 in the new textbook.

blackrider89

HSC

Last sem, marks ranged from 8 to 35/40. Was (is) the exam so hard? Who can help us note down the key components, plz. We 're gonna have 30 questions in 90 mins.

JACKYSUN20

HSC

who did some revision so far???

blackrider89

HSC

who did some revision so far???
Just hope the exam would be not 2 hard. They've all forgotten us. Not even an announcements comparing with 15 last sem...

Maybe we 're gonna have some cases with several questions in each to answer.

JACKYSUN20

HSC
[[[[HOW's TODAY's BLAW EXAM going??? anyone found it hard?}}}}

actually i found it quite hard, two big cases as expected, but with 10 relates questions, surprised.

i found some of the cases were unfamiliar, i just hope i can pass!!!

btw at the start of 4 basic questions are alright, but rest of its gets really ugly,,,, man ......:jedi::jedi::jedi:

HSC
Re: [[[[HOW's TODAY's BLAW EXAM going??? anyone found it hard?}}}}

Yeah that exam sucked hard

blackrider89

HSC

I think it was way harder than we had thought. 2 biggy cases were very tough to deal with.

Hope to get around 20 coz I didn't have the Civil Liability Act as well as the Orange book. Thus, byed at least 2 dead easy questions.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A

i thort it wos v easy thanks frens!

VLTURBO

HSC
BUSL301 mid-semester exam

Our lecturer said the test will be quite hard, has a few tricks and is mainly problem solving. It is only 20 M/C questions but we are allowed an hour (which seems a lot).

Does anyone have a copy of last years mid-semester exam or any pointers on how to approach the questions and what type of questions they ask?

Cheers for the help

blackrider89

HSC

Verity said that if anyone felt uncomfortable with the exams, he/she should write an e-mail and send 2 her. She said she had to confess that heaps of questions in the exam were extremely stupid and misleading.

How funny it is. What an exam...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)