BUSL301 Mid-term exam (1 Viewer)

blackrider89

HSC
Hi u guys,
We will be having the BUSL301 mid-term exam on 1/5/2010 (or whatever). Can u guys who had it last sem tell us about it. Was it hard or not? And the structure, 20 or 30 Multiple choice questions? And what was it about?
Thanks heaps in advance 4 ur concerns and helps.

Last edited:

Missliz

HSC
N/A
Hey, I did the exam last semester. But to be honest I can't really remember much of it. I think the average mark was about 10/20 and I think I got 14/20.
It was 20 multiple choice questions, and they were quite hard.

You must know the cases. There are a lot of cases on the case list and you really should know what they all are, however, the most important ones are the ones in bold, and the ones mentioned in the summary at the end of the chapters in the little textbook.

Make sure you know about special resolutions etc, and how many shareholder votes they need for each different situation (e.g. to vote in director).
I remember there was a question where a lady did not have much experience, had not done her HSC etc, and she was voted in as director by 75% of shareholders at the general meeting, but there were only 25% of shareholders present at the meeting. You then had to say whether she was in fact a director or whether according to the Corporations Act she could not be a director. (this question was also in the final... it was a bit strange having the same question in both exams).
So make sure you know the requirements for a person to become a director.

From memory the mid-exam was on weeks 1-5 but we had our exam in week 7 before the break.

Good luck! Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

blackrider89

HSC
As usual, sucked hard. I dare say at least half of the students will not have a Pass.

Monstar

HSC
dont be disheartened, quilter is a good bloke and will make the final a piece of cake. this is purely a a 'kick up your bum' exercise.. aka get you working.

blackrider89

HSC
dont be disheartened, quilter is a good bloke and will make the final a piece of cake. this is purely a a 'kick up your bum' exercise.. aka get you working.
Oh thanks 4 ur post. But could u plz tell me a bit about the final? Coz I've heard somewhere that there would be 40 MCQs in the final and 3 short answers as well??? I was kinda very surprised coz we had 1 hour (+10 minutes) for the 20 MCQs mid-term exam and the final's gonna be a 2 hour one.

I hope I can get 13-15 for the mid-term (one of my m8 said the exam was dead easy after he had done it but when I asked about his 4 first answers, he would get 0/4- due to my knowledge I could tell, rofl).

JACKYSUN20

HSC
As usual, sucked hard. I dare say at least half of the students will not have a Pass.
man, u serious? last week's lecture mike said the average could be 13/20,,,, who knows?

so im thinking he is being nice for this semester, through last term it was only 10/20, correct?

some questions are naisty, but i think the average could achieve a pass...

Last edited:

JACKYSUN20

HSC
Oh thanks 4 ur post. But could u plz tell me a bit about the final? Coz I've heard somewhere that there would be 40 MCQs in the final and 3 short answers as well??? I was kinda very surprised coz we had 1 hour (+10 minutes) for the 20 MCQs mid-term exam and the final's gonna be a 2 hour one.

I hope I can get 13-15 for the mid-term (one of my m8 said the exam was dead easy after he had done it but when I asked about his 4 first answers, he would get 0/4- due to my knowledge I could tell, rofl).
i think probablly i can get 15/20 i counted a few times after done the paper, but im not sure, i think i could achieve abrove the average mark. good luck to myself!

tung, my bro u will be fine in the mid, everyone can pass the final,, or most. the 19th question of the paper, anyone choosen "1995" which is the correct one, i choosen 2001, lol,,,

JACKYSUN20

HSC
16/20, not bad :music:.. You?
not bad at all, mate! :music:

i got 14/20, bro, only nnedddd 1 mark towards my goal..............

hope i can get full mark for the tute participants 15%, i got tick for every tutes, :rofl:

hows ur 253 result?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)