Caesar's role and responsibilities in the First Triumvirate? (1 Viewer)

mitchy69er

HSC
Keep in mind this is Caesar's roles and responsibilities, not Pompey's or Crassus'

So I don't have much but...

1) Keep the peace between Pompey and Crassus
2) Further his political career/ ie his first consulship/ get an army
3) Overthrow the optimates/cato/cicero etc

Pompeys needs:
land for veterans
the eastern settlement ratified

Crassus' needs:
A rebate for the equestrian tax farmers

what else? and can you guys help me expand on these points and Caesar's specific roles and responsibilities in the triumvirate, cheers.

Last edited:

martinc

HSC
A bit late, but for all those that want to see, Caesar also did this to increase his popularity, get a overseas proconsular command rather that the one the senate had for him. In a sense, he wanted to help the people of Rome. Refer to the Conference at Luca, as Caesar brought them back together, giving them further to time reach their aims.

hdblue

HSC
N/A
A bit late, but for all those that want to see, Caesar also did this to increase his popularity, get a overseas proconsular command rather that the one the senate had for him. In a sense, he wanted to help the people of Rome. Refer to the Conference at Luca, as Caesar brought them back together, giving them further to time reach their aims.
Hi,

Thank very much for sharing. I have got some my ideals from your points of view. I'll share soon again.

This link below can show more info, you can find them at: Roles responsibilities

Good luck.

Last edited:

vidyarani

HSC
Explain the problems that arose from the first triumvirate and the measures taken to resolve these problems?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)