Call centre jobs (1 Viewer)

sladehk

le random
HSC
heyz, i want to get a job in call centre industry (esp customer service but anythign will do) so i was wondering if there were any places in sydney where you could work at with decent pay. Additionally, i have no experience at all.

liverpool3k

Banned
HSC
Exp. usually not required. If you can talk coherently, you should be fine.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
sladehk said:
heyz, i want to get a job in call centre industry (esp customer service but anythign will do) so i was wondering if there were any places in sydney where you could work at with decent pay. Additionally, i have no experience at all.
St Leonards too far? I could try to get you a job, you seem like a decent person. (going by your posts).

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
you have to make sure you're doing inbound calls, not outbound (sales). trying to sell stuff over the phone is the toughest job ever, you get screamed and abused every second call and you have to be soo patient to put up with it. from my experience, do not consider it unless its either inbound or pays crazily.

bustinjustin

HSC
yeah its good experience, try to stick with one for at least 6 months anyway. That said, it can be pretty soul-destrying, one consequence is you end up hating humanity, even if you do inbound sales. Depends on the call centres, there's heaps around.

However, avoid "Teleperformance" for dear life (they accept people with no call centre experience, but work with them at your own peril. On that note, they're on the verge of closing down in Australian anyway, I think... I hope, no one is outsourcing their call centre work to them anymore).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)