Can Anyone help me... I am struggling with school and the HSC (1 Viewer)

kainetalbot

HSC
Hello Everyone,

My name is Kaine and I am currently studying the HSC at Canowindra High School.

My subjects are as follows;
- Modern History
- Standard English
- Mathematics General 2
- Design and Technology (timber)
- Senior Science

In my previous years of high school I struggled a lot with anger management and just coping in general with school and an accumulation of home problems which have now been resolved.

The main problem/s that I have is that it is now half way through Week 1 Term 3 and my trial exams are in Week 5. I have tried to study but no matter what I try it never seems to work. I REALLY need to be able to go home of an afternoon and study but unfortunately for me I become easily distracted by things such as my phone, news articles and social media.

As stated earlier I have struggled to find a balance between work and life. Currently I may spend about two or three hours a week studying outside of school which for me is a big problem.

I have posted before but not many people have given advice that actually has been helpful and it seems to me that they don't take the point that I actually need help seriously. If I did not need any help I would not be posting on this site.

If there is anyone out there who may have some advice for me or can help in any way (maybe help me to work out a study routine, as the study routine that I drew up yesterday is a bit daunting as it has three and a quarter hours of studying each night) it would be greatly appreciated.

I thank anyone who offers help in advance and god bless your souls.

ichila101

Split arrowhead
HSC
Uni Grad
Hello Everyone,

My name is Kaine and I am currently studying the HSC at Canowindra High School.

My subjects are as follows;
- Modern History
- Standard English
- Mathematics General 2
- Design and Technology (timber)
- Senior Science

In my previous years of high school I struggled a lot with anger management and just coping in general with school and an accumulation of home problems which have now been resolved.

The main problem/s that I have is that it is now half way through Week 1 Term 3 and my trial exams are in Week 5. I have tried to study but no matter what I try it never seems to work. I REALLY need to be able to go home of an afternoon and study but unfortunately for me I become easily distracted by things such as my phone, news articles and social media.

As stated earlier I have struggled to find a balance between work and life. Currently I may spend about two or three hours a week studying outside of school which for me is a big problem.

I have posted before but not many people have given advice that actually has been helpful and it seems to me that they don't take the point that I actually need help seriously. If I did not need any help I would not be posting on this site.

If there is anyone out there who may have some advice for me or can help in any way (maybe help me to work out a study routine, as the study routine that I drew up yesterday is a bit daunting as it has three and a quarter hours of studying each night) it would be greatly appreciated.

I thank anyone who offers help in advance and god bless your souls.
I would suggest the following:
- Study in a room which you know (from past periods of studying) that you feel comfortable studying in (this can be the library, park or the family room)
- Make sure that room is tidy
- Remove all pieces of technology from the room unless required such as a laptop or computer, and if it is required then use a chrome extension (like stayfocusd) to prevent you from using any unneccessary sites.
- Do not study for too long, try to break up your studying period to about 30 mins with 5 min breaks in between
- You have 4 weeks so in the first week only study 2 hrs a day for 6 out of 7 days make sure you keep one day free, in the second week study 2 1/2 hrs and so on.
- First plan something else you would do apart from studying so it doesnt feel like a chore (could be exercising, reading a book, playing an instrument, playing chess, watching a few episodes of your favourite tv show etc) whatever keeps you sane preferrably something healthier for you.
- When making your studying timetable try to make it as basic as possible, whats more important is that you have a very specific to do list that you write at the beginning of each day.

Thats all I could think of for now, hope that helps. :sun: Above All Stay Positive :sun:

north78

HSC
yeh mate I get really distracted by random stuff as well.. ik its kind of crazy but legit delete all your social media like get rid of snapchat, insta and facebook (desperate measures, its only for like 5 weeks)
because personally for me other than music and maybe calling people I don't really use my phone other than social media

check out coldturkey, its an app for safari to block sites like youtube and so on

also I just write up a 'to do list' that I must get done by that night and literally cross of each thing with a marker once your done, get 8hrs of sleep as well ahah that really helps but other than that the guy above said everything :)

Reactions: rvh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)