Can Anyone Help Me Plz On My Stimulus (1 Viewer)

lotuss

HSC
HI HOW ARE YOU
CAN SOME ONE HELP ME ANALYZE THIS PIECE OF STIMULUS PLEASE, AS I AM HAVING DIFFICULTIES. ITS A KATH WALKER POEM, EVEN IF YOU DID THIS OR YOUR FRIEND COULD YOU PLEASE SEND ME SOME NOTES,

THEN AND NOW
In my dreams I hear my tribe Laughing as they hunt and swim, But dreams are shattered by rushing car, By grinding tram and hissing train, And I see no more my tribe of old As I walk alone in the teeming town.
I have seen corroboree ~ Where that factory belches smoke; Here where they have memorial park One time lubras dug for yams; One time our dark children played There where the railway yards are now, And where I remember the didgeridoo Calling us to dance and play, Offices now, neon lights now, Bank and shop and advertisement now, Traffic and trade of the busy town.
No more woomera, no more boomerang,
No more play about, no more the old ways,
Children of nature we were then,
No clocks hurrying crowds to toil.
Now I am civilised and work in the white way,
Now I have dress, now I have shoes;
Isn't she lucky to have a good job!
Better when I had only a dillybag.
Better when I had nothing but happiness.

COULD YOU PLZ SEND THE NOTES TO
suetyinlui@hotmail.com

KIND REGARDS PAUL

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
I dont really see it as a physical journey, but more as an inner/imaginative, but heres what i'll pull out for you:

+Free verse: illustrates the notion of the freedom of movement, however this is ironic because the composer is actually restricted by the change around her
+The title "then and now" is contrast/oxymoron
+Jargon is used: "corroboree" - denoting an aboriginal heritage and connoting the "wandering" nature of the aboriginal people
+Punctuation and exclamation: shows the walking rhythm/pace

nerd_2b

HSC
This poem is not listed in the HSC prescribed text, is it? I hope not...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)