Can I buy this for my first car? (1 Viewer)

assiduous

HSC
I've been looking for a ride in the used car market through private sellers.

After being able to look at eight cars in person, there was only one seller able to provide a service history of the car and logbooks. The seller was able to provide me with receipts of the major service done in 2011 on the car which cost 3k. Took it for a test drive and it drives well, no leaks, smooth transmission, engine wasn't noisy or shaking excessively when stopped in traffic, had decent power (1.8L), etc.

It is a '02 model 323 Astina hatch but discovered it was a repairable write-off due to a collision in QLD in '07 through a car history check.
The seller bought the car from a private seller in '08 and apparently didn't know about the repairable w-o status, so I negotiated to drop the price from 7.6k to 5.8k.

It's got 11 months rego, but I'm confused with the new repairable write-off laws with cars brought in from interstate, can it be re-registered/transfered when I purchase it.

What do you think guys? Should I be paying that price (5.8k) for this car?

kfnmpah

HSC
cars like that are a dime a dozen, why go for one with "baggage". get an nrma check if you're serious about it. costs about $120 but considering you're going to spend 6k on it, 120 is peanuts.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
just ring RMS on monday and ask them about it

and no i wouldnt pay that much for a 10yr old mazda 323

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
And at that price it's a rip off. Plenty of other cars in that price range which will give you less hassles and won't leave you wondering if you made a bad choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)