can i still get 95+ (1 Viewer)

mikrokosmos

HSC
hey ! for reference i go to a top 20 school.

so i got my marks back and im super disappointed agh. mentally havent been too good and i used to be so smart and year 12 really got the worst of me :(

for advanced english i'm good. aiming to come top of the cohort and a high band 6. i still have two tasks and trials left.
for extension english i'm exactly in the middle of the cohort - this is the number of people that got an e4 last year and i intend to move up to top 20-30% in this next assignment. i still have one task and trials left.
for extension 2 english i'm disappointed. my cumulative rank is 12/19 and i'm meant to be top five for an e4. and only top 25% of the cohort usually gets an e4. i only have the critique and the actual major work left to hand in.
for biology, i'm cumulatively around 50/66. its horrible, i know. and i need top 10 to get an b6. i'm starting to enjoy it and i'm almost finished making all my notes for the year, but these first two exams were both on module five and i wasn't prepared enough.
for economics, im 28/31 (even worse). and i need top 10 to get an b6. i'm aiming for a mid band 5 so idk what to do
for math, i'm 100/106. i understand everything at tutoring and in class but exams are the worst.

i have pretty bad stress issues so i'm going to try out doing the exam in a separate room to minimise this. i used to be so smart and i'm here failing school. i really want to do law and even with a couple EAS points idk if i'll make it into unsw

please please give me any advice or an atar estimate or something. thank u so much

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
A top 20 school means your cohort has high academic capabilities and this is a good thing. It's good to know that everything is going your way in English Advanced 👍

For English Extension, it seems like this assessment will be decisive (or will at least be a game-changer) in terms of your rank. Try to perform as well as possible in your remaining task as well as trials as they can both greatly improve your current position and hopefully put you among the top 20-30%.

I can't advise much on English Extension 2 but generally, if you wish to improve, you need to have your work constantly reviewed, while making sure suggestions for improvement are always implemented. I believe @nilatar could provide some specific advice, since he also does 4U English

All is not lost for Biology, you still have your remaining internal assessments to go, and those should now be your focus. As you mentioned, you're starting to enjoy it and are almost finished preparing your notes. You should use this as a motive to study hard and perform well in your upcoming tasks. Top 10 is not an easy improvement, but it's not impossible. Even if you don't end up reaching top 10, a rank in the 20-25 range is still a very good improvement from your current rank!

Thorough knowledge of your Economics content and regularly completing relevant questions are essential if you want to achieve a band 6. I believe that while it's hard to rank in the top 10 for economics at this stage, it's easier to do so in Economics than in Biology. You should regularly seek assistance on this website with economics questions that you may struggle with, as well as regularly seek advice and clarification from your tutor (iirc you get tutoring for economics?). In some cases, a change of tutor may significantly help as the current tutor may not be as helpful as you want them to be.

I think stress is the main cause you're not meeting your expectations in maths (since you understand all the content). Try having breaks, listening to music as well as spending time with your friends and family. You may also need to practise extra questions on your own, without anyone's help, so you can push yourself to the limits.

i used to be so smart and i'm here failing school
You need to believe more in yourself and your abilities. If you were once smart, you still are! You can make a difference without a doubt.

Lastly, remember that your internals are not everything. Your HSC exam determines the other 50%, meaning that if you manage to improve your final rank and perform well in the HSC exam, your chances of getting a 95+ ATAR will be higher.

I hope this helps 😄

nilatar

HSC
Regarding E2, I can't suggest much more than what @jimmysmith560 has already noted. Pester your teachers, never neglect their feedback. Every word in your major work should be thoughtfully selected. Remember, your internal rank does not in the slightest foreshadow your success in your final MW. All you can do now is get your words down, and refine it meticulously. I'd be happy to offer feedback / give advice if you are struggling but your teacher's feedback is unparalleled to mine and is invaluable for the fluency of your MW.

Velocifire

Out of Order
HSC
you wanted law? there's acu lolol if anyone fucks up

no one has still answered my question on why the cutoff is so low

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad

Velocifire

Out of Order
HSC
nah unsw is my dream uni lol
I obviously know that, at least that or USYD.

Just saying since we had careers market at my school and was shocked that ACU Law was shockingly low.

Side note, I didn’t even know Notre Dame University existed until after that session.

Not to worry about that, you will get to UNSW with ease (iirc you smashed the lat as well.)

quickoats

HSC
I obviously know that, at least that or USYD.

Just saying since we had careers market at my school and was shocked that ACU Law was shockingly low.

Side note, I didn’t even know Notre Dame University existed until after that session.

Not to worry about that, you will get to UNSW with ease (iirc you smashed the lat as well.)
Haven’t seen you in a while

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)