Can i still get an ATAR above 70+ (1 Viewer)

houda

HSC
these are my half yearly marks
standard english 53/100 rank 21/61
biology 43/100 rank 20/37
business studies 64/100 rank 7/28
community and family studies 63/100 rank 10/73
IPT 73/100 rank 3/14

and my trial exams are in one month is it possible if i can get an ATAR above 70 if i try really hard in my trail exams and in my HSC exams, these are only my half yearly exam marks and rank
is it still possible to get an ATAR above 70
by the way i go to a really shitty school

thank you

boyzac

HSC
N/A
Unfortunately your ATAR estimate would be equivalent to <30 according to Atarcalculator.com based on your half yearlies, even with an average of 70 in each of your subjects your ATAR would still be around the 50 range. Maybe your half yearlies were too hard... if you could get 80% in all of your subjects you could get an ATAR of 74.45

On the other hand, maybe you should take a step back and assess the situation. Ultimately, it doesn't help that Biology and Business studies are the only units you can scale well in. And your low ranking high school won't make anything better.

Unfortunately in life, some of us aren't offered the same opportunities as others. My advice to you, is that the HSC might not be the answer. If you are doing considerably well in Information Process / Tech then maybe you should look into some TAFE courses for that area? Even if you're interested in doing business, have you researched some bridging courses, or alternative methods of getting into University. A lot of TAFE courses can also open up opportunities to get into universities, depending on how well you go.

houda

HSC
Unfortunately your ATAR estimate would be equivalent to <30 according to Atarcalculator.com based on your half yearlies, even with an average of 70 in each of your subjects your ATAR would still be around the 50 range. Maybe your half yearlies were too hard... if you could get 80% in all of your subjects you could get an ATAR of 74.45

On the other hand, maybe you should take a step back and assess the situation. Ultimately, it doesn't help that Biology and Business studies are the only units you can scale well in. And your low ranking high school won't make anything better.

Unfortunately in life, some of us aren't offered the same opportunities as others. My advice to you, is that the HSC might not be the answer. If you are doing considerably well in Information Process / Tech then maybe you should look into some TAFE courses for that area? Even if you're interested in doing business, have you researched some bridging courses, or alternative methods of getting into University. A lot of TAFE courses can also open up opportunities to get into universities, depending on how well you go.
I am considering doing teaching at UWS and the ATAR cut off is currently 65 also since i go to a "disadvantage school" UWS gives me 5 extra bonus points so does that help
so e.g i get 60 for my ATAR and get another extra 5 points
can i still be able to get a 60 with my half yearly marks I'm studying really hard i did an assessment for biology worth 15% and i got 14% I'm doing better then my half yearlies and trials are in one month can i still get 65 if i do really really well in my trial exam and HSC
thanks in advanced

boyzac

HSC
N/A
I am considering doing teaching at UWS and the ATAR cut off is currently 65 also since i go to a "disadvantage school" UWS gives me 5 extra bonus points so does that help
so e.g i get 60 for my ATAR and get another extra 5 points
can i still be able to get a 60 with my half yearly marks I'm studying really hard i did an assessment for biology worth 15% and i got 14% I'm doing better then my half yearlies and trials are in one month can i still get 65 if i do really really well in my trial exam and HSC
thanks in advanced
Extra bonus points always help, but if teaching is what you're interested in then I would still research other ways of getting into University, I think teaching has the most alternative-methods available for a course, some teaching courses secure your place before you even get an ATAR, maybe doing some research would be a good idea. Otherwise you would be looking at an average of 75% for each of your subjects, particularly Community and Family Studies which scales REALLY BAD.

Your best scaling subject is Biology, so if you can do well in that, all the better... but you also need to make sure you keep a consistent mark with your lower scaling subjects (Community / Family, and IPT) so they don't scale you down ridiculously. Good luck :).

houda

HSC
Extra bonus points always help, but if teaching is what you're interested in then I would still research other ways of getting into University, I think teaching has the most alternative-methods available for a course, some teaching courses secure your place before you even get an ATAR, maybe doing some research would be a good idea. Otherwise you would be looking at an average of 75% for each of your subjects, particularly Community and Family Studies which scales REALLY BAD.

Your best scaling subject is Biology, so if you can do well in that, all the better... but you also need to make sure you keep a consistent mark with your lower scaling subjects (Community / Family, and IPT) so they don't scale you down ridiculously. Good luck :).
Thanks so much yeah for my half yearly which weighed 25 i didn't do well but in my first assessment i got 100% which weighed 15% and we did an assignment i got 13% out of 15% i just have my trials left for community and family
thanks so much, and what do you mean by secure your place before getting an atar. Like types of scholarships or ...

thanks alooot

boyzac

HSC
N/A
Thanks so much yeah for my half yearly which weighed 25 i didn't do well but in my first assessment i got 100% which weighed 15% and we did an assignment i got 13% out of 15% i just have my trials left for community and family
thanks so much, and what do you mean by secure your place before getting an atar. Like types of scholarships or ...

thanks alooot
not really sure about it... my friend got into a teaching course and she hasn't even completed the HSC yet, it might be a scholarship...

houda

HSC
not really sure about it... my friend got into a teaching course and she hasn't even completed the HSC yet, it might be a scholarship...
wow that amazing can you tell me what she did to get into teaching
im considering doing a bachelor of arts/ teaching (primary) at UWS

boyzac

HSC
N/A
wow that amazing can you tell me what she did to get into teaching
im considering doing a bachelor of arts/ teaching (primary) at UWS
haha you might have to research it, I have no idea, I don't think it was for UWS though

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

thanks alooot

Keep working hard!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)