Can one recover from first assessment tasks (1 Viewer)

satvik_1008

HSC
After first assessment tasks, i feel like i fucked english badly and i might not be able to get the rank (for the ATAR) that I need (high 99). Do you think that one can still recover from 15/20 in first assessment task in english, ranked 66th? (i go top 20 selective school btw)

Pikapizza

HSC
You most definitely can recover after the first task! Just keep your head in the game especially for trials (that's where most of the weighting lies) and you can secure good ranks still! Good luck with year 12!

satvik_1008

HSC
You most definitely can recover after the first task! Just keep your head in the game especially for trials (that's where most of the weighting lies) and you can secure good ranks still! Good luck with year 12!
How much mroe difficult do you think I have made it for myself to achieve a good rank?

Pikapizza

HSC
How much mroe difficult do you think I have made it for myself to achieve a good rank?
Honestly, you probably have not made it that much harder. Keep in mind this is the first assessment out of (usually) four in total. That means three more chances to pop off. Sure it may be a little harder to secure that top spot, but with you going to a top 20 selective school more or less means getting a good rank (doesn't have to be like top 10) can definitely get you to your goals.

satvik_1008

HSC
Honestly, you probably have not made it that much harder. Keep in mind this is the first assessment out of (usually) four in total. That means three more chances to pop off. Sure it may be a little harder to secure that top spot, but with you going to a top 20 selective school more or less means getting a good rank (doesn't have to be like top 10) can definitely get you to your goals.
so if you need like a high 99 atar, and school scores around 40 band 6's in english (out of 160), what rank do you think I need to achieve my aims?

Drdusk

π
HSC
Uni Grad
so if you need like a high 99 atar, and school scores around 40 band 6's in english (out of 160), what rank do you think I need to achieve my aims?
At least top 40? This is very much achievable. Provided from now on you put in the work required you can get a pretty good band 6 mark which is what students that get 99+ usually get.

satvik_1008

HSC
At least top 40? This is very much achievable. Provided from now on you put in the work required you can get a pretty good band 6 mark which is what students that get 99+ usually get.
yeah that is what i thought too. But my main concern is that can one get a high 99 atar with say a 92 in adv english, if one is getting like 95's in other subjects, or does it need to be higher?

O01x

HSC
I'm in a similar situation but much worse. I don't go to a selective school and for English I ranked 15th, my school only gets 3-4 band 6's for English every year, the weighting was 20%. Is there still a possibility to climb up and get a decent mark?

dan964

MOD
HSC
Uni Grad
After first assessment tasks, i feel like i fucked english badly and i might not be able to get the rank (for the ATAR) that I need (high 99). Do you think that one can still recover from 15/20 in first assessment task in english, ranked 66th? (i go top 20 selective school btw)
definitely, that is still 80% so is pretty good.

laterz laterz

HSC
ayeee satvik

idkkdi

HSC
yeah that is what i thought too. But my main concern is that can one get a high 99 atar with say a 92 in adv english, if one is getting like 95's in other subjects, or does it need to be higher?
need higher. hscninja calculator says more than 95. actually i think 95 just manages with 92 eng maybe.

satvik_1008

HSC
need higher. hscninja calculator says more than 95. actually i think 95 just manages with 92 eng maybe.
thing is, with my other subjects, im like top 10 4u and 3u, im top 5 economics, top 10 modern and legal. Do you think i can still make it?

idkkdi

HSC
thing is, with my other subjects, im like top 10 4u and 3u, im top 5 economics, top 10 modern and legal. Do you think i can still make it?
top 10 modern and legal doesnt mean anything. top 5 eco idk. top 10 4u and 3u should set you up decently well.

idkkdi

HSC
top 5 eco is good lmao idk what your on about
still braindead. but sure. legal and eco. your school does surprisingly well. top 10 modern history aint going to work with those 13 b6's tho.

dumNerd

HSC
still braindead. but sure. legal and eco. your school does surprisingly well. top 10 modern history aint going to work with those 13 b6's tho.
he should still get above 99.5 with his current ranks tho surely right

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)