Can schools reject you of doing a subject? (1 Viewer)

hecc

HSC
Not sure why they'd cap MX2 at that range, if there was a greater demand for MX2 classes then they should be able to supplement them with an extra class or so. Also there's going to be people dropping MX2 naturally whether it be at the start of the course (the bulk of people) or to the middle even if they're hard working so it doesn't make sense. Personally I would still go to the head teacher and inquire if there's any way, it doesn't hurt to try trust me, I think you'll find some teachers have a soft spot for those who have worked hard + your apparently rank 10 for MX1 so you would fit the criteria?
It does suck because if you are to a 4U capability you will not be rewarded, and you don't have the same incentive as your 4U counterparts for grinding maths.

If you tried and the teacher won't budge, then you just have to take the situation in and realise its not the end of the world. Think of the benefits for not taking 4U, you can focus on your subjects such as chem/phys etc that demand more focus and in that way you can get more done there.
I talked to the head of math today and he's really adamant about not letting anyone that wasn't invited in. the requirement was actually 80% in ext 1 and 90%+ in adv exams :/
apparently many students have come up and complained about this
They believe that if you can't get those marks in all your math exam, then you're not suitable for ext 2 :(

Last edited:

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
It really sucks that schools are allowed to impose their own cutoffs for HSC subjects as my old school lets anyone who wants to do it, do it. and a lot of my friends from that school are doing it.

I wonder if there are any other options at the moment
tafe isn't doing any ext 2 courses this year and our principal won't give permission to do it at the distance high school
some students have considered leaving to go to another school, but I really don't want to do that
If studying maths Extn 2 means so much to you, is it viable to go back to your old school?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)