Can someone please help me with Q25 b.) ii.) (1 Viewer)

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
https://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_exams/hsc2006exams/pdf_doc/software_design_dev_06.pdf

Hi, can someone please help me with Q25 b.) ii.) of the 2006 SDD paper, I don't know how to draw circuits from truth tables, however I do know how to draw truth tables from circuits. Can someone please teach me the former, thanks.
25 bii is a circuit drawing

here is a link where i learned how to do it in like 30 seconds lol
http://www.tutorialspoint.com/computer_logical_organization/logic_gates.htm

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
What you usually want to do first is make a table of what you want to do, then use Sum of Products or Product of sums (I prefer the former). However in this case, they've explicitly mentioned what they want:

Drawing:

logic gate.png

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
Thanks King! But, shouldn't it be A(B+C)?
I took "either or" to mean either A or B, but not both. That's A XOR B. I assume that if they meant the inclusive or, they would've just said "A or B".

hscc

HSC
N/A
I took "either or" to mean either A or B, but not both. That's A XOR B. I assume that if they meant the inclusive or, they would've just said "A or B".
Ah cheers! That makes sense. I can finally draw these now. By the way, do you have any recommended resources for learning how to do algorithm questions (pseudocode) (in the planning/designing topic) and learning flip flops. I don't understand flip flops at all! Thanks

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
Ah cheers! That makes sense. I can finally draw these now. By the way, do you have any recommended resources for learning how to do algorithm questions (pseudocode) (in the planning/designing topic) and learning flip flops. I don't understand flip flops at all! Thanks
Aha, algorithms is actually my strongest point. Try thinking up algorithms for yourself, and actually coding them in a real language (Java, for example). As for flip flops... I just bullshit them completely in the exams, just talk about registers and latches :p

hscc

HSC
N/A
Aha, algorithms is actually my strongest point. Try thinking up algorithms for yourself, and actually coding them in a real language (Java, for example). As for flip flops... I just bullshit them completely in the exams, just talk about registers and latches :p
Haha! Thanks! Algorithms are my weakest points. I just can't answer any of those questions where it gives you a situation and then asks to write an algorithm in pseudocode. And also algorithms for swaps/arrays and just everything in planning/designing. But I'm good with other topics. As for the option topic, flip-flops just don't make any sense, apart from definitions. If I get asked to draw one in an exam I'm screwed!

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
Haha! Thanks! Algorithms are my weakest points. I just can't answer any of those questions where it gives you a situation and then asks to write an algorithm in pseudocode. And also algorithms for swaps/arrays and just everything in planning/designing. But I'm good with other topics. As for the option topic, flip-flops just don't make any sense, apart from definitions. If I get asked to draw one in an exam I'm screwed!
Let's both pray we don't get asked to then ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)