can UAC be wrong? (1 Viewer)

kazerati

or more importantly, if they are wrong, will they fix it?

the way i understood it, they should have used my 2 best english, then my next best 8 units. [i didnt do any category b's]

but, here's my results - [exam / assessment / HSC / units of course / units used in UAI]
note - ext subjects are /50

eng. adv - 72 / 74 / 73 / 2 / 2
eng. ext 1 - 33 / 33 / 33 / 1 / 1
maths adv - 73 / 73 / 73 / 2 / 2
maths ext 1 - 20 / 20 / 20 / 1 / 0
chemistry - 69 / 64 / 67 / 2 / 2
PDHPE - 73 / 74 / 74 / 2 / 1
textiles - 82 / 82 / 82 / 2 / 2

so, as u can see, they only used 1 unit of my PD, which was my 2nd best, and they used 1 unit of my ext. eng, which was my 2nd worst!!!

im confused!!!!!

why did they do that??? is it wrong??? did they rip me off???

p.s - i emailed UAC already, but i wanted to know wat u thought..

pps - my UAI was 70.85 - should it have been more?

Huy

HSC
N/A
Extension English scales a lot better than PDHPE ever will, which is (probably) why the chose it, over PDHPE.

UAC select yout best ten, not your best nine, and another random unit. :)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Whilst UAC can be wrong on the odd occasion, they were not wrong here.

You can't tell what your best units were from the marks given to you by the Board. You need to look at the UAI Advice Notice which was mailed to you.

Huy

HSC
N/A
You're stealing my line, I said "scenic route" (to mean: the longer path, the harder journey, backdoors, alternative entrance/pathways, the extra one or two years).

You can always go to university and apply for a lower course, with a lower cut-off, then hope to score very highly and become competitive enough to transfer out into a higher course (provided you have an excellent average mark).

kazerati

i know u said 'scenic route' - and for anyone who reads this, yes! i stole it off Huy!! sorry.. nasty little habit of mine..

ahh, its ok! i can do an advanced diploma, which will only take 2 years, instead of my full masters, which would have taken 6.. we'll see wat happens after that!!

but right now, im just more devo that my eyebrow ring grew itself out already!!! $65 and it only lasted 6 weeks..

Huy

HSC
N/A
No, that's fine kazerati. I'm not claiming "credit" for two words, lol!

I 'appropriate' from others too, but I think if you talk to people (often) you'll tend to pick up bad habits and 'copy' a few things, here and there, it's you - being influenced (positively I hope!) :)

Eyebrow ring! :eek: ouch!

kazerati

ah, yes, plenty of 'positive influence' there, 'ey', 'buds'! so, 'no worries' then 'mate', 'its all good' 'ey', thats 'fully' 'sik mate', just so long as your not 'devo' 'mate'.. lol..

yes, my eyebrow.. not as painful as you might think.. it was an end of skool celebration - got it done on novemba 7, after my ext.eng exam.. which made it 6 weeks and 2 days till it came out. shattered!! it looked good too.. but its ok, coz i just hafta wait a coupla weeks, till it fully heals up, n theyll do it again.. better be for free, ey..

but yeh, a guy from UAC rang me, coz i emailed em, n told me basically wat u guys sed, about ext. eng scaling better than pd n stuff. so, yeh.. ahh, well. so much for tryin to scam the system..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)