Can unis see our HSC marks and Preferences? (1 Viewer)

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
I need clarifying. Can they see our HSC results or just our ATAR?

Also for our preferences can they only see what we put for their uni? or can they see our entire preference list.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Unis don't necessary see anything - it is done by UAC and they see everything they need. As they determine the ATAR they have all the raw marks.

hkx92

HSC
N/A
yeah they have access to your atar a couple of days before they are released, your hsc results (just the hsc mark), and your preferences (including any changes you have made). they even have access to your atar equivalent if you did ib or did year 12 in queesland, where they dont have an atar. the information is only available to the uni if you have listed them as a preference.

it is often needed to give advice to students.

it may also be used to determine scholarships ect.

ive had a job where i used to give students advice on degrees ect during my uni holidays and this is the kind of information we accessed to give information to students with any questions.

erob

HSC
Uni Grad
They obviously have access to your preferences because I've been getting mail from UTS, Sydney, ANU, UNSW and UWS since September.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
They obviously have access to your preferences because I've been getting mail from UTS, Sydney, ANU, UNSW and UWS since September.
Yeah I was asking if they can see what preferences we put for OTHER unis.

smartalec

HSC
was wondering the same thing. i got an email from uws the other day congratulating me on my result and I'm like bro how do you even know what i got ?haha.

erob

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL I put science/law at UWS on my preference thing months ago when I actually wanted to do law and forgot to take it off my preference list.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I'm pretty sure they have access to all of them (not 100% sure about preferences with other unis though but definitely your HSC and ATAR). I remembered that I applied to advanced level courses in first year which required a certain HSC mark for entry and they had to check my marks in the system to determine if I was eligible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)