can you achieve a high uai if you stuff up your first assessments? (1 Viewer)

yanananananana

= Token Asian =
HSC
guys... to get 99.7+ do you like have to get high 90s for all your assessments with no room for slips and major stuff ups??? coz i kinda screwed my first assessments...

arrrr... :chainsaw:

santaslayer

HSC
well not necessarily, as long as u are within the top ranks of ur subject..depends on the quality of the people in ur skool.....but ranks mean more than marks...if u know what i mean

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I think it's possible. I mean, you're trials will really help in deciding your ranks, and there are many assessments to go. And the exam is worth 50%.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
i think it's definitely possible. particularly if you maul your grade in all your other assessments! just remember its not about marks but rank, so if you can improve your rank you will be absolutely fine.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
The first assesments are normally worth little anyway (from 10-15% of the assesment mark) whereas the trials can be worth up to 40% so it is possible to get a good ranking which in turn will greatly help your UAI.

is a roflcopter
HSC
theres also less pressure playing catch-up than trying to hold dux

= Jennifer =

HSC
Originally posted by Xayma
The first assesments are normally worth little anyway (from 10-15% of the assesment mark) whereas the trials can be worth up to 40% so it is possible to get a good ranking which in turn will greatly help your UAI.
not always, our first business studies assesment was worth 30% and our next assessment is the half yearly worth 20%

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Normally the first assesment is worth less because their is less topic to test, but there are exceptions.

thisser

I just don't think you can afford to have many more, if any, slips (speaking from experience :( )

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i think it is possible though, don't put so much pressure on yourself though

Numero Uno

HSC
Originally posted by spin spin sugar
i think it's definitely possible. particularly if you maul your grade in all your other assessments! just remember its not about marks but rank, so if you can improve your rank you will be absolutely fine.
Hey why are the ranks more important then the marks ?
if u go to a shit school and u come 1st? would'nt that be unfair

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Ranks essentially decide what Assessment marks you get from BOS. You can have a mark of 99 (from school) and still have a Assessment mark of 60, if everyone else has a mark of 100 (from school).

Last edited:

AK Gumbi

Not a M-O-Derator
HSC
yana, i got 50% for my first physics assessment, and I had 'slip-ups' in a number of my internal assessments. The real trick is to do really well in the half-yearlies and Trials (and of course the HSC exams), because they generally count the most. So dont worry if u stuff up a few assessments, learn from ur mistakes and do better in ur next assessments. :)

MaK

lets say your class i stupid but u come in the top 3... will u get scaled down?

olay

HSC
:( d/w i stuffed up my first assessments too. *cries*. esp. music II.

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
yeah ranks mean everything, although if ur at a shit school, you will still get scaled down internally, no matter what rank. it doesnt matter if ur assesment marks arent 90%, just as long as your in ~top 5 in every subject (depending on school) to get 99.7+. even if u get 3/15 but come 1st (everyone else got 2/15), it doesnt matter if people at other schols got 100% to come first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)