Can you get a b6 if the person ranked above you doesn't? (1 Viewer)

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
There is this 1 guy who is 1 mark above me in maths. Can i still get a b6 if he doesn't?
Yes, it's quite possible if their is a mark disparity that small.

Like, I was second in English. My internal mark was around 79, whereas the girl had a final internal mark of 80.

I came first in the HSC exam and my mark difference with her was was high, so I ended up getting higher than her.

So, yes you can get b6, if the mark difference is that minor.

Bloodstriker

HSC
Yea what i've been told that is that if the gaps are close, highest external mark usually ends up getting the highest HSC mark

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
Yea what i've been told that is that if the gaps are close, highest external mark usually ends up getting the highest HSC mark
Yes, think about it also logically.

If the girl/boy who is above you and screws up quite bad, or gets a mark difference way too big. There is no way BOS will award them the a good mark.

Good luck and beat that person :p

HSC
Uni Grad
So what happens if just say student A has an external mark of 40, and student B is top with 99, can student A get a band 6?

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
So what happens if just say student A has an external mark of 40, and student B is top with 99, can student A get a band 6?
Lol no... think about it mathematically. HSC IS 50% AND Internals is 50%. Student A is not likely to get band 6 if she scores 40% on the HSC exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)