Can you take up units in your gap year? (1 Viewer)

Noxi10

HSC
Hey just wondering, if you're considering a gap year and don't want it to be a complete and total waste, can u take up units in that year? What would it involve?

Also, can u redo any of the courses you weren't happy with this year?

If you can do this, do you still have to attend school?

Any help would be appreciated for any!

Thanks

Jmi

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
yes you can.

during a "gap year" you can re-enroll into a highschool to re-take, or even take new subjects. you can do as few or as many as you like. when you recieve your marks for these subject(s), they will be combined with any subjects you completed last year, and once again you will recieve a UAI based on the 10 units which advantage you the most.

The only exceptions are that if you do re-take a subject that you have already completed in a previous year, only your most recent result can be counted, even if it happens to be lower. Also, you cant count any subjects if you completed them more than five years ago.

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
If i dont get a UAI of 90+, i'm almost definatly going to take 3 units of HSC maths next year during my gap year. That way, it'll still be a pretty nice and relaxing break, but still give me something constructive to do, and also will increase my UAI :)

Noxi10

HSC
Do you have to go to school to do this, or can you do it from home?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)