can't login to zmail now? (1 Viewer)

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
So I bought glasses online using the zmail address, and I want to check my order that everything is correct

I go to zmail, then my zID and zPass are there as usual and I click login.

Normally it goes straight the inbox, but now it keeps on saying: " This account can't be used to access Outlook.com
You're currently signed in with an Office 365 email account, which can't be used with Outlook.com. Please click here to sign out of your Office 365 account, then use another Microsoft account to sign in to Outlook.com (for example, your hotmail.com, live.com, or msn.com account). "

so when I click "here" it takes me to the outlook log in screen, and I'm not sure which log in to use, I tried all the different combos with my name, student number but cant access my email

anyone know what to do?

Last edited:

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
I think its the whole sever transfer thingo, where its off during the weekends
It should probably be working by monday

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
They sent an email earlier about how to log onto to your email due to server changes. We can no longer use zmail

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
yeah the thing is I kept receiving the message on friday night at around 8pm or so, but it worked throughout the whole day
but i guess I'll wait then, can anyone else log in?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I don't know if this is any help, but I know UTS are upgrading from using Microsoft Live@edu to Office 365 over this weekend. I'm guessing UNSW are doing the same. They sent us an email about it last week which said that as accounts were migrated from one server to another there may be problems logging in and if there were we could access from another website which had a link. The link wouldn't work for you guys but it was in this form: https://outlook.com/_____, where _____ is the domain part of our email addresses i.e. name@_____

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
They sent an email earlier about how to log onto to your email due to server changes. We can no longer use zmail
oh right, trans4m can you try logging on to see if you actually can?

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
oh right, trans4m can you try logging on to see if you actually can?
zMail is not working for me. I can't log into Office 365 either... Don't know what my password is >.>

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I think they're crossing over to Office 365 until Monday so maybe it won't work until then. Otherwise, I think the username for Office 365 is your zID@zmail.unsw.edu.au with your normal password but I could be wrong.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I think they're crossing over to Office 365 until Monday so maybe it won't work until then. Otherwise, I think the username for Office 365 is your zID@zmail.unsw.edu.au with your normal password but I could be wrong.
I think that's it but yea it's not working atm. I think they shut it down until Monday.

nightweaver066

HSC
Email that came yesterday:
Please note that this zMail change starts today.

What is Happening?
Your UNSW Student and Alumni Email (zMail) will be moved from Microsoft Live@edu to a Microsoft Office 365 account.

Why is this Happening?
Microsoft is replacing the Live@edu account with two separate accounts:
• An Office 365 account, which will continue to be associated with UNSW and is used to access your UNSW email;
• A personal Microsoft account, which will retain access to SkyDrive, Messenger and other Microsoft services and is not used to access your UNSW email.

Microsoft Office 365 includes online versions of your favourite Office features and allows you to create sophisticated reports and presentations, collaborate in real time with classmates as well as share and edit documents from computers and mobile devices.

When is this Happening?
The move will commence today, Friday the 5th of July 2013 at 18:00 and will be completed by the 8th of July 2013. This move consists of transferring your email, calendar, contacts, tasks and email preferences to the new Office 365 account. During this time you may experience a few minutes of outage.
All UNSW students will have other Office 365 features enabled by Microsoft at a later date.

What do I need to do?
The following two accounts will be set up for you.

Office 365 account (zMail)
After the 8th of July you will no longer be able to access zMail using your zID and zPass. You must access your Office 365 account directly from Microsoft at https://login.microsoftonline.com using your Live@edu user name and password. Your user name is <zID>@zmail.unsw.edu.au (e.g. z1234567@zmail.unsw.edu.au). If you do not know your Live@edu password please visit the UNSW IT News page www.it.unsw.edu.au/news and follow the instructions to obtain one.

For instructions on how to set up Office 365 on your mobile device or for other set up instructions please visit http://help.outlook.com

Personal Microsoft account
Initially your personal Microsoft account can be accessed with the same Live@edu user name and password, however the two new accounts are not associated with one another and changing the Office 365 password will not change your personal Microsoft account password. Your personal Microsoft account will be managed and supported by Microsoft. As a result, UNSW cannot reset the password for you.
To access your personal Microsoft account please visit https://skydrive.live.com

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
cheers nightweav, yeah gotta wait till monday 8th july

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)