Career prospects for usyd pharmacy+transfer to postgrad med??? (1 Viewer)

flutzy73

HSC
Hi all,

About to submit UAC preferences here, and just a question - how are the career prospects of graduates from usyd's bachelor of pharmacy? Also, how easy is it to transfer from bpharm to postgrad med at usyd/what exact requirements are needed? :)

Thanks xx

jjnn

HSC
Uni Grad
I know its a year late but I am assuming your studying pharmacy atm. Well there isn't any requirements to studying post grad med at usyd except you need a minimum 3yr bachelor degree, which pharmacy is 4yrs so your fine, gamsat and interview.Some of my family and friends work as pharmacist and I can tell you now that the job prospects for pharmacists in Australia is very saturated and over populated. So you're better off studying really hard in pharmacy to get into med after you complete your degree. You can also apply to other post grad med schools like mq, melb, uow, anu, uq, etc. In fact their are more post grad med schools then undergrad med in Australia so you have a lot of chances. Info about applications to post grad med like gpa/wam needed, gamsat help and interview tips can be found endlessly online and BOS so I won't bother mentioning info about that. But you still have a while till you will sit the gamsat and interview so right now just concentrate on your studies in pharmacy and try and get into med. Good luck and hope you find what your looking for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)