• Got a question on how to use our new website? Check out our user guide here!

Career shift? (1 Viewer)

supremesupports

HSC
I am a Post-Graduate in Physics as well as an Search Engine Optimization + Digital Marketing expert. Right now I am working for a Web Development company and it's been almost a year. I love teaching Physics and recently I was offered to be a Physics teacher in a High School from my local neighborhood. But the salary isn't that great there. So I'm in a tough situation where desire and passion conflicts. Teaching is my desired profession and Digital Marketing is my passion.
Any suggestion of what should I do? Should I go for the school or stick to my current job?

Drdusk

HSC
Oh my god a postgrad in Physics!!, I aspire to be that as well :)

Look in my opinion you should always do what you love, but I understand what you mean. Try and get the best of both worlds, keep your current job, and get like a part time or week-end only job as a Physics tutor. The Science faculty of NSW could use some teachers like you who actually know their stuff!

One person I know was just that, he had a weekday job in IT just like you and on weekends he would tutor Physics.

supremesupports

HSC
Oh my god a postgrad in Physics!!, I aspire to be that as well :)

Look in my opinion you should always do what you love, but I understand what you mean. Try and get the best of both worlds, keep your current job, and get like a part time or week-end only job as a Physics tutor. The Science faculty of NSW could use some teachers like you who actually know their stuff!

One person I know was just that, he had a weekday job in IT just like you and on weekends he would tutor Physics.
Actually it is not possible. My neighborhood is 200 km away from my office. I can't just attend both. But your idea was great! I think I should try to convince my boss to do freelance work from home after the school time.

Drdusk

HSC
Actually it is not possible. My neighborhood is 200 km away from my office. I can't just attend both. But your idea was great! I think I should try to convince my boss to do freelance work from home after the school time.
I meant you could privately tutor someone at home. I don't work so I cant talk much, but I assume at least some days you would be free to tutor from home

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)