case studies.. (1 Viewer)

vik

hi everyone..
just wondering wat case studies is good to do..

and if anyone would like to share it with me..
;)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
any of the "asian tiger" economies would be good to do
I did south korea as my case study
plenty to talk about, since they are NIC's, have experienced rapid growth and transformation of their economy through export-orientated government directions

vik

oh but..

so do u or anyone else have any notes on a good case study that they can scan??
really appreciate it..

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
well, i'd scan my Korean essay for which I got an 18/20 for...but that wouldnt b fair

have u tried looking at the resources page on this site? ppl from last year may have posted their case studies up

vik

oh ok.. dun worry about that then MinAi..

thanz for the help..

sif not 99

yeah asian economies are pretty good to do, as a general rule of thumb its probably best to do a developing, emerging or economy in transition because theres lots to talk about.

remember u can always just do Australia, unless ur doin an assignment on it at the moment but i dunno what ur doin.

yeah minai wouldnt be fair at all, behind u dude

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
no probs

yep, and to add to that, how bout the case study in your text book (if there is one)
i read the exam report from last yr, and it said a large proportion did the case study question based on a case study from a text book, but if they were answered well, they scored the top range of marks

Cherries

Yor could always do China since they used to be a closed economy and have only just opened up. We had to do our Global economy case study on it.
I have some notes on China if you like just e-mail me
sherri_ripe@hotmail.com
I'll send them to you.

Alex

If anyone needs a case study I would be more than happy to help. I got 20/20 for mine and yes MinAi it is on South Korea !!!! :p

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
wow, 20!

isnt Korea just the best case study to do? :D

Enigma17

Hey guys, i was wondering if some of you would be able to send me some case studies that you or your class has undertaken... i have the usual scenario,
lazy teacher -> no work done -> no case study before the trials... so im totally screwed really...

Though is a case study necessary to learn for the HSC/Trial HSC?

If you would be able to send me yours, i would be greatly appreciative...
my emails is smorris84@yahoo.com.au
thanks guys and gals.....

sif not 99

meh, whats the fascination with asian economies, sure they are NIE's which make them good to do, but like EVERY1 did them at my school.

If you do a really common one and you need to BS figures, look come on guys you might even just make a mistake remembering where they rank in the OECD or something in terms of average economic growth or you stuff up the employment figures or something, the odds are that the marker has marked 30 other case studies on your country and he/she will mark you down for it.

Thats why I think more obscure economies are the go, + my teacher has been on about 100 holidays to Asia so by doing a country he had no idea about Poland, I could "get" away with stuff if I needed.

Anyways thats just my 2 cents

philbert_frog

Originally posted by sif not 99
meh, whats the fascination with asian economies, sure they are NIE's which make them good to do, but like EVERY1 did them at my school.
Asian economies are v. popular I'll agree, but its also easier to get info on than Eastern European countries...and the more you've got to talk about the better I feel.

I did Thailand, and I there is heaps on the web - there are always going to be people who go in knowing the GDP of their country and thats about it - so the more diverse info and stats you can get (that's also relevant) the better equipped you'll be.

BTW: For NIEs use the CIA's Factbook and UN sites like Economic & Social Development (For the Asia-Pacific region specifically try UNESCAP) - they are very very useful.

sif not 99

tristan dude i just got my info from the world bank, european development bank, oecd, etc. those worldwide financial institutions and they all have info on more or less ALL economies, or different countries. Well u can substitute the euro for the asian development bank wherever your case study is but yeah man u dont need to go to many more places than that, oh yeah i used the economist as well thats a great source.

not hard mate, just because u beat me, god and ankit in that assessment but yeah

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
heey tristan, didnt know it was u
jay z here

ur only saying a euro country coz u did finland? 4 ur assignment?

philbert_frog

Pat, stop pretending that you did Poland only because it was different... there were other reasons as well, Postie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)