Catholic Schools preparation (1 Viewer)

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
I went to a catholic school and found the question very good. Allowed me to talk about all the sections I've studied, and it also allowed me utilize my quote annotation skills ( well, it's not a skill, more like common sense). OR maybe those voodo prayers do work after all

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC
I am from a Catholic school, and our SOR II classes did Christianity, Judaism and Islam. It was split pretty evenly between Christianity and Buddhism for Section III, although basically almost all of the people who did Christianity (I'm talking about the exclusion of 1 or 2 out of the 30 people that do the subject in our school) found themselves unable to understand the questions for either Christianity or Judaism., and so just picked Christianity (seeing as they did Buddhism in Section II) and tried to apply their practices, ethics or significant person to the question. And no-one in our grade came preparing to do the Buddhism question, but those that ended up doing it only chose it because we couldn't make sense of how to apply our knowledge to Christianity and Judaism, and we found the Buddhism question to be easier and more understandable to answer.

So, in saying that, I do think we felt unprepared for Christianity, and Judaism for that matter, but, we pretty much sucked it in because we chose the question that was answerable.

Libby01P

Banned
HSC
Don't you think there are enough threads about the exam fml.
hey, I'm procrastinating. NCB619, Yeah that's what I did too. In that article tho, it seemed to highlight that it was the Catholic schools making a fuss about the question. I thought, but surely they would have prepared their students in the other religion/s. THAT would have been unfair.

MzBiiBii

HSC
I didn't feel unprepared....just shocked at the beggining...but after i finsihed the question and moved on...i forgot about it till everyone walked out and discussed it with teachermajority of us wrote what he told us we should have written anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)