Chances for late round offer? (1 Viewer)

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey,
What are my chances for the late round if I missed a course by 0.25 of the actual atar needed (with bonus points already added).

Last edited:

Dylanamali

HSC
Very unlikely tbh,
generally ATAR requirements spike in the late round due to limited vacancies.

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
What if some ppl reject their offer for the course and open-up new vacancies for ppl like me?
Could they accept me if m next in line/closest to the cut-off or do I have to meet the cut-off for a real chance?

Last edited:

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
What if some ppl reject their offer for the course and open-uo new vacancies for ppl like me?
Could they accept me if m next in line/closest to the cut-off or do I have to meet the cut-off for a real chance?
the cutoff is based on the applicants' atars and the number of spots available

the cutoff is the lowest atar (including BP) to gain a place

So you ~could~ get in but don't get your hopes up.

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
the cutoff is based on the applicants' atars and the number of spots available

the cutoff is the lowest atar (including BP) to gain a place

So you ~could~ get in but don't get your hopes up.
ohk thanks :)

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
Also, Lets say a course has alot of vacancies left! Will the uni try and fill the spots left and even accept ppl with atar lower than the cut-off?

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
B. Medical Science at Usyd!
It still has vacancies, but I missed out on the atar cut-off :(
I didn't consider the course during the main round, It wasn't my 1st pref, so m planning to do this now!
But m worried that I won't make it!

hunkoflam

HSC
Change it to first preference and you have a good chance. No guarantees though

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
the next 9 days will be hell, waiting to find out if you get the late round offer.

im in a similar position
Ye bro, I can't even sleep properly at nights as m so worried and uncertain abt me getting into my desired course.
btw what course u aiming for in late round?
Lets hope we both get into our desired courses :)

danielau

HSC
I also want to know the answer to this question. From what I know the atar spikes in the late round. How much it spikes depends on the popularity so higher atar > late round > higher spike. I really want to get into my late round offer course which I got a 0.6 atar above the cut off. Anyone know my chance of making it in ? >,< /soworried

will_

HSC
Uni Grad
I also want to know the answer to this question. From what I know the atar spikes in the late round. How much it spikes depends on the popularity so higher atar > late round > higher spike. I really want to get into my late round offer course which I got a 0.6 atar above the cut off. Anyone know my chance of making it in ? >,< /soworried
what course are you after?

danielau

HSC
your chances look pretty good, since you are above their main round cut-off and there are vacancies.
thanks so much! unfortunately i have tried the unswid and was smacked on the face by a " not all fields have been correctly filled please contact unsw". I am sure I have filled everything correctly >< again, i will keep my fingers crossed for tonight! :/

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
thanks so much! unfortunately i have tried the unswid and was smacked on the face by a " not all fields have been correctly filled please contact unsw". I am sure I have filled everything correctly >< again, i will keep my fingers crossed for tonight! :/
Yeah that error term came up for a few people but was soon rectified closer to offer release time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)