change of preferences for Late Round (1 Viewer)

wLym

HSC
Alright i need a quick question answered quickly, if possible. My thanks in advance:
In the uac guide it says change of preferences for consideration in the late round are from 21st january till Tuesday 27th january. Could anyone clear up my confusion as to whether the closing time for changing preferences is 12am Monday the 26th january (ie 27th january), or do they mean nighttime on the tuesday 27th january? Sorry if i worded that badly but if anyone with any thoughts could come forward and put me at ease that would be appreciated.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Yes, witide is correct.

UAC's website says:

Change of preferences accepted for consideration in:
Main Round: Mid-August 2008 – Wed 7 January 2009
Late Round: Wed 21 January – Tue 27 January 2009
Final Round: Wed 4 January – Thu 5 February 2009

On all of these closing dates (ie Wednesday 7 January, Tuesday 27 January and Thursday 5 February) changes close at midnight.
It is confusing, but you have until the very end of the day on which change of preferences closes - i.e. for late round preferences, the deadline is 23:59:59 on Tuesday 27 January 2009 - which is the end of tomorrow.

The confusion is caused by the use of the ambiguous and undefined term 'midnight'.

moc2009

HSC
N/A
I assume you have until 11:59:59 pm on the 27th.
It says the word “midnight” on the 27th not "12am". There is a difference.

You have until "midnight" on the 27th which is Tuesday night, "12am" on the 27th is Tuesday morning.

You have until Tuesday night.

snowconesyum

HSC
another question, i know it's stupid but want to double check -

do i actually have to CHANGE my preferences to get a different offer, or does uac automatically try and give me my second choice for late round (providing i'm good enough) ?

lionking1191

HSC
another question, i know it's stupid but want to double check -

do i actually have to CHANGE my preferences to get a different offer, or does uac automatically try and give me my second choice for late round (providing i'm good enough) ?
you will be considered for your top most preference until you are given an offer. if an offer was already given out for your top preference then you won't be considered in the late round

snowconesyum

HSC
thanks

so yes, i did get my choice no. 1

does that mean in order to get choice no. 2 (keeping options open), i have to move it to the number 1 place? does that make my first offer void?

moc2009

HSC
N/A
thanks

so yes, i did get my choice no. 1

does that mean in order to get choice no. 2 (keeping options open), i have to move it to the number 1 place? does that make my first offer void?
Yes, if you got your first offer you now need to move that down the list as in late round you will only be considered for ones that are above it.

uac.aplcnt

HSC
You get your first offer in da main round right? Den lyke you hab da option of accepting or rejecting da main offer bro, this means that you can keep your first offer in da main round ryte? RYTE! THEN when the late round offers come and you find out that you recieved another offer in the late round from your 2nd or 3rd preference as opposed to your 1st then you can ALSO either accept or reject dat offer cuz..now the final thang I wanna say bruddah to finalise my point is

uac.aplcnt

HSC
You get your first offer in da main round right? Den lyke you hab da option of accepting or rejecting da main offer bro, this means that you can keep your first offer in da main round ryte? RYTE! THEN when the late round offers come and you find out that you recieved another offer in the late round from your 2nd or 3rd preference as opposed to your 1st then you can ALSO either accept or reject dat offer cuz..now the final thang I wanna say bruddah to finalise my point is
if ya reject da first offer mate and at da same time after a time lapse to the late round (which is da second round obviosly) you got an offer in da late-round but ya rejected the 1st offer/ main round and you ACCEPT that late round offer den ya lose your first offer and you'll get an offer in da late round. In other words you got 2 offers - you reject the first den ya accepted da 2nd cause you dun want da first cuz its gay..you want da second..da bomb

wLym

HSC
thanks everyone for your prompt relies. It was probably a stupid question but yea, tahnks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)