Changing, adding, and removing units? (1 Viewer)

shakky

HSC
How and when do you get to change or add units before semester 1 @ Usyd? Is it usually done online or in person?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
On the same note, can I change eng streams if I want to?

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
also related- is it possible to add units from the maths and science faculties if you're studying BCom (business faculty)?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
also related- is it possible to add units from the maths and science faculties if you're studying BCom (business faculty)?
Degree requirements

To be awarded the Bachelor of Commerce, students complete units of study with a total value of 144 credit points, comprising:

six core units of study (36 credit points), comprising five junior units of study (30 credit points) and one senior unit of study (six credit points)

a major selected from the 'Bachelor of Commerce subject areas for majors and electives'

either an optional second major and/or elective units of study selected from any of the 'Bachelor of Commerce subject areas for majors and electives' or from any other faculty of the University of Sydney (subject to approval of the faculty offering the unit and degree requirements)

a maximum of 60 credit points in junior (1000 level) units of study

a minimum of 96 credit points in units of study from the University of Sydney Business School and School of Economics in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (a maximum of 48 credit points in units from any other faculty).

http://sydney.edu.au/handbooks/business_school/undergraduate/b_commerce/b_com.shtml

I would still advise you to send the degree coordinator an email anyway just to clarify anyway.

noddis911

HSC
Uni Grad
When I enrolled into B Comm, I wanted to major in Finance and Economics. One of the junior prerequisites for economics was ECON1001 Introductory Microeconomics. The lady who enrolled me said that it is now the same as BUSS1040 Economics for Business Decision Making, and so she took it off my enrolled units. Can someone clarify this, because it still says everywhere I have checked that ECON1001 is a junior prereq for majoring in Economics?? Otherwise I guess I can change it myself when this enrolment variations comes out.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
When I enrolled into B Comm, I wanted to major in Finance and Economics. One of the junior prerequisites for economics was ECON1001 Introductory Microeconomics. The lady who enrolled me said that it is now the same as BUSS1040 Economics for Business Decision Making, and so she took it off my enrolled units. Can someone clarify this, because it still says everywhere I have checked that ECON1001 is a junior prereq for majoring in Economics?? Otherwise I guess I can change it myself when this enrolment variations comes out.
http://sydney.edu.au/business/__dat...erce_with_majors_in_Finance_and_Economics.pdf

noddis911

HSC
Uni Grad
@ noddis911: buss1040 has replaced econ1001. check http://sydney.edu.au/business/course/BCom under transitional arrangements for 2011+
yes i understand it replaced econ1001 as a core unit for commerce course, but does it replace econ1001 as a junior prereq. for majoring in economics, cause the website suggests otherwise? :S

I printed that and took it into enrolment and followed it exactly. But even though both econ1001 and buss1040 are listed in the same semester, the lady said they are now the same. thats why im so confused, cause everywhere i look for the units to major in economics, econ1001 is listed and it doesn't say that buss1040 is either equivalent or replaced it for 2012.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I would recommend contacting the School of Economics and ask them directly.

13abie

HSC
Does anyone know if there is a first come first served deal going on with picking units and timetables? Would going in before mid Feb give me a better shot for my classes? I need 4 afternoons free for work :/

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Does anyone know if there is a first come first served deal going on with picking units and timetables? Would going in before mid Feb give me a better shot for my classes? I need 4 afternoons free for work :/
Technically you can't pick spots for your tutes and lectures individually. The timetable is automatically generated, and if you have a period of time you can't do, then you can input that particular time when generating. It's fairly limited so you may have to go into uni during O-Week and make a request. I'm not sure they will honour it though.

kcqn93

HSC
On the same note, can I change eng streams if I want to?
I think it's possible if you're changing to something within the same stream (Steam A and Stream B). Just ask for a variation form.

eg. Software to Electrical or Mechanical to Civil

Otherwise it'll most likely be through UAC.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I think it's possible if you're changing to something within the same stream (Steam A and Stream B). Just ask for a variation form.

eg. Software to Electrical or Mechanical to Civil

Otherwise it'll most likely be through UAC.
Nah, bby, I applied for eng/MedSci through uac and then picked my stream later (on the day) and didn't really pick (the guy just signed me up) and yeah.
So I kinda wanna change.
But I dunno.

kcqn93

HSC
Nah, bby, I applied for eng/MedSci through uac and then picked my stream later (on the day) and didn't really pick (the guy just signed me up) and yeah.
So I kinda wanna change.
But I dunno.
What did stream are you signed up for?

engineering

HSC
N/A
Go to the Engineering Faculty Office.

You can do any engineering stream with BMedSc if you had the engineering ATAR. eg if your ATAR was 97 you could do BE(Civil)/BmedSci, but you could not so BE(Aerospce)/BMedSci

So I kinda wanna change.
But I dunno.

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
How would I go about changing my Arts electives? They enrolled me in 4 per semester instead of 3

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
What did stream are you signed up for?
Biomedical.
Although, I think I wanna do chemical or civil.
I don't know.
Someone told me those are the three the girls do and I was like "fuck, I'm gay." :haha:

Go to the Engineering Faculty Office.

You can do any engineering stream with BMedSc if you had the engineering ATAR. eg if your ATAR was 97 you could do BE(Civil)/BmedSci, but you could not so BE(Aerospce)/BMedSci
Thank you, when can I do it?
Also, do bonus points count.
I only got 94.75 so I can't do any space ones or enviro, but pretty sure I can do everything else.

kcqn93

HSC
Biomedical.
Although, I think I wanna do chemical or civil.
I don't know.
Someone told me those are the three the girls do and I was like "fuck, I'm gay." :haha:
I think on this years information book about majors and stream, it said that electrical engineering has the lowest female population. :(

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I think on this years information book about majors and stream, it said that electrical engineering has the lowest female population. :(
Okay…?
I am totes not doing that, electrical seems too difficult.
Also, I want more girls so I can make girlfriends, but mainly I just meant that I'm even girly with my choice of engineering.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)