Changing B Bus key program/combined law (1 Viewer)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
I am currently doing B Business(Economics and Finance)/B Laws. What I've come to realise is that I really don't like Finance subjects and loathe the idea of having to do subjects such as Applied econometrics or Corporate Financial management.

People tell me the wonders of:

• Human Resources Management/Industrial Relations major
  • Management major
  • Marketing Major
(All as applied with combined law)

http://handbook.uws.edu.au/HBOOK/course.asp?course=2740

L

LaraB

ari89 said:
I am currently doing B Business(Economics and Finance)/B Laws. What I've come to realise is that I really don't like Finance subjects and loathe the idea of having to do subjects such as Applied econometrics or Corporate Financial management.

People tell me the wonders of:

• Human Resources Management/Industrial Relations major
  • Management major
  • Marketing Major
(All as applied with combined law)

http://handbook.uws.edu.au/HBOOK/course.asp?course=2740
I do HRM/IR.

I really think it's the broadest/least boring :p of the business majors.

It's pretty interesting at the moment with all the WorkChoices change because obvoiusly as the name implies its a big focus.

Its a good combination with law - especially if you have an interest in workplace law orcriminal law (given the new OHS laws) and things like that. A solicitor i used to worth with did it years ago and is now a workplace lawyer and she said its the only degree she knows of where you can pretty well just walk out of uni into a job and know what you're doing because its pretty practical and all of that.

If you're not interested in linking the two, i reckon it's still good anyway because employers seem to like the whole double major thing and UWS was the first to have the HRM/IR double major. Its probably better as far as opening up options since it's not "just management" but still includes all that stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)