Cheating! (1 Viewer)

historykidd

HSC
hey guyss..

there is a person in my class and he is pretty much just re-using his brothers history ext essay (who went to another school) for his major work. What can I do about this?? i'm pretty sure it was entered into the hta so will the teacher be able to find him out? or should I just tell him? i'm just pretty annoyed at how unfair history ext seems to be wit internal marking.

thankss

Z66R2V

HSC
You could suggest to your teacher that you think something might be going on. You can't just flat out accuse him of cheating unless you 100% know for sure something is going on.

As the brother went to another school, there's probably little they can do, but it still doesn't hurt to have the teacher aware of these things, especially when they affect you.

If the brother went to a different school, how do you know this, anyway?

ellen.louise

HSC
Cheating is inexcuseable. It would be better for you to say something, to your teacher, in private. Don't say anything to the guy. He will take defensive and deny everything.

historykidd

HSC
thnx for the replies..

I know he is doing this because he outright told me and the other student in the class last holidays break aswell as other third party sources.

is there anything that can be done? becoz i'm afraid it'll turn into my word veruses yours sorta thing if I end up telling the teacher

is there any possible way the teacher could get the brothers essay?

Z66R2V

HSC
Just go to your teacher and tell them what you told us. Then ask them to compare his last assignment with his previous works. The teacher should then be able to determine whether or not they think he wrote it.

From there, they can take action if they feel it's appropriate.

I'm not quite sure how the New South Wales system works, so I can't comment as to whether or not they can obtain a copy of his brother's assignment.

Funniest thing will be if he doesn't get caught but does crap anyway.

X

xeuyrawp

You should dob him in, anonymously if possible.

Sorry, but he's got to learn eventually.

xinxin89

HSC
I agree! Dob him in! otherwise it's just not fair, cuz everybody else has to come up with their own and spend all the effort and time

but yea do it in private with ur teacher n tell them not to mention ur name to the student of course

ellen.louise

HSC
Z66R2V said:
Just go to your teacher and tell them what you told us. Then ask them to compare his last assignment with his previous works. The teacher should then be able to determine whether or not they think he wrote it.

From there, they can take action if they feel it's appropriate.

I'm not quite sure how the New South Wales system works, so I can't comment as to whether or not they can obtain a copy of his brother's assignment.

Funniest thing will be if he doesn't get caught but does crap anyway.
A guy at my school cheated in yr 10 or something by deciding that instead of writing an essay in 30 minutes he would whip a !!!7!!! page essay out from under his rugby jumper at the end of the exam. At least 5 people in his class testified to this but I don't think the teachers could do anything... or wouldn't... but in year 12 they take such accusations a lot more seriously, especially if your teach trusts you and you have a reputation for honesty. They will listen, and if not then you have to tell the head teacher about it instead. The dickhead deserves everything that's coming to him. Especially gloating about it. But you teacher could probably only take action after it's handed in. If he's using his brother's research but writing a different essay (unlikely as research needs to be specific) there may be nothing they can do...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)