China Case Study (1 Viewer)

is a roflcopter
HSC
i need some information how globalisation is affecting the environment in china and what the polices are undertaken to deal with it.

and... how many words should a case study be?

our school never made us do one during the year so im gona start now :)

cheers

chunder

HSC
i'm doing china too and i can't really find anything related to the environment that is solid......however if you think about it it's pretty obvious....

Environmental effects:

(1) CO2 emissions, waterway contamination, destruction of natural habitats due to urban expansion etc etc....
If you want figures just use the "global figures" and fudge them. The thing is....due to China's political stance, any figures that are officially released are probably not true anyway (observe the SARS saga).

Policies to counter problems....

Probably none.....i mean we're talking about asians here (i'm not being racist it's just the truth). Asians and the environment are like oil and water. Proof of this can be seen through the building of that dam at some place (make up the name). Why would anybody with brains build a dam where water flow is so unpredictable such so one sees floods on minute and not a drop of water the next????

M-THIS

china has world heritage places to protect pandas,

yeah under what criteria should you answer the case study in! does anyone know?

its not in teh syallbus!

chunder

HSC
there;s always someone who has to bring up the pandas!!!!

i mean.....couldn't it be possible that the so called "panda havens" really be meat farms (note: i'm not a cynic)

numg

HSC
Another is the distribution of income. you have the richer, trade-inclined regions on the coast, while inland the population are still poor poor farmers

coroneos

has anyone got a really good case study for me to study from.
thanks in adv.

i.e. someone plz send me their case study.

Last edited:

vanity

HSC
any ideas on where to look for current figures on china

i.e. gdp growth, economical development/growth, and all the other necessary stats??

is a roflcopter
HSC
Originally posted by M-THIS
china has world heritage places to protect pandas,

heh i just thought of that last night when they showed a baby panda on channel ten news heehee

coroneos

HAAHHAHAHAHHAHA..

yeah.. ecos case study - didn't do a very good one. So that is why I am asking for someone elses good one - so I can study for HSC :(

M-THIS

Originally posted by dirty dave
do u mean by criterias?
it would depand on the question, i suppose
i mean ok, if i do another case study thingy now, what areas should i answer?

is it like dis. of income and wealth / ecomonic growth ??? what else?

vanity

HSC
China in the Red Part One
7:30
SBS

(tonite!)

is a roflcopter
HSC
i missed it as well :(
ironically working on the case study :D

vanity

HSC
it was pretty bad actually, i think it was made in 1998 because the narrator referred to unemployment figures from back then
i taped it but taped over it with this afternoons bold and the beautiful........

part two is next tuesday same time same channel but i personally dont think its much help
emphasises the suffering people go through because the economy is in transition though??

pearla

kewl
HSC
Did people actually produce case studies??

We just did a few essays, wrote notes, watched tv n shit for our case study. The main thing to know is how globalisation can be shown to have an effect (so 4 china u need all the trade figures, Increases in FDI, etc) and then u can also show that it is unbalanced by using the HDI to show that in Shanghi (or some other developed Chinese City) has a HDI of like 95 (??) where as some makebelieve Country S$*%hole like Jiquanghizang has a HDI of like 50 (or maybe its 0.5, i can't remember) but anyway to contrast how the development has been uneven across the nation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)