Choosing Tutorials/Lectures (1 Viewer)

dolbinau

HSC
Hey,

I have a friend who enrolled @ USYD but claims he has not selected times for Tutorials/lectures/pracs etc.. I'd imagine everyone should have done this by now (at least we have at MQ) so I'm just posting for him to see if he has massively fucked something up, or does this happen soon?

thanks

EDIT: he is doing Education/Arts/history units apparently some of them are centrally timetabled, does this mean everything is given?

Last edited:

jtyler

HSC
If they're centrally timetabled, they're assigned.

nicko1990

p-plater
HSC
nope. usyd is retarded cos of that. they only release timetables in o-week

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
You receive your timetable at USyd, without any input. Both systems have pros and cons.

shinninggum

wormy_000
HSC
I think SYD is pretty good at timetabling and if we have any problems, we can easily change it. Only downfall is the timing. Other unis can do it themselves and do it online, but no guidance.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
I think SYD is pretty good at timetabling and if we have any problems, we can easily change it. Only downfall is the timing. Other unis can do it themselves and do it online, but no guidance.
Yes. As much as the person who enrolled early has full choice of timeslots at other unis, the poor person who had enrolment locked out until a later date might have no options but clashes because all the classes are full.

adnan91

HSC
so say i dont like early starts and i wanna change it. how do i do it? from myuni?

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
You can specify either a day off or two half days off (if possible) on myUni. First check on the timetabling unit to see if there is an alternative (there might only be one class and that's the early one). If you would like to try your luck, you can go to timetabling and ask the people there nicely for them to change it. However, this usually doesn't work if you don't have a clash, but some of them do have the ability to put you into any arbitrary class.

jtyler

HSC
Advanced Maths timetabling at usyd is a disgrace... 1st year was 4 x 8AM starts, and 2nd year is going to be 4 x 8-10AM blocks (for analysis & calculus in 1st semester).

kokodamonkey

HSC
Just go in the tuesday before o-week to change your timetable.. Because from that wednesday onwards your looking at hour+ waiting times t get it changed.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
that booklet they sent out with enrolment confirmations said that timetables wouldd be out on the wednesday before o-week. the student centre never meet their deadlines though, so it's really a guessing game when we'll get them.

adnan91

HSC
y do they have to release them eggzactly on the start of oweek. btw is asking what the probability of getting early starts pointless? Im doing eng/comm if it makes any difference

jtyler

HSC
Timetable Unit - Index

You can look up most centrally timetabled units already, only thing thats difficult to predict is how tutorials & deliveries with a large number of streams will fit together.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Advanced Maths timetabling at usyd is a disgrace... 1st year was 4 x 8AM starts, and 2nd year is going to be 4 x 8-10AM blocks (for analysis & calculus in 1st semester).
There is actually a reason for it. It gets maths out of the way since people have labs during various hours later in the morning and in the afternoon.

jtyler

HSC
There is actually a reason for it. It gets maths out of the way since people have labs during various hours later in the morning and in the afternoon.
Oh, well that makes all the difference.

HSC
Timetable Unit - Index

You can look up most centrally timetabled units already, only thing thats difficult to predict is how tutorials & deliveries with a large number of streams will fit together.
Whenever i try and look at that, i type in the code and it just says it does not have a timetable and i don't have permission to request one?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)