CityRail Discussion (1 Viewer)

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
I don't know about you, but I have a lot of grudge to this government organisation...:burn:

I know if there is no train, then it will be even worse, but if I have to wait more than an hour without inform me first, then I think I can always find a better way to my destination.

I am travelling using CityRail at least an hour everyday (at least 4 trains) and the percentage of late* trains is about 90%.

*According to CityRail, the term "late" indicates a train that is more than 5 minutes off the allocated timetable.

I can't change it. I am a captive of CityRail.:mad1:

CieL

HSC
Yeah.. years ago my friends and I hated it so much we created CFC (Cityrail Fan Club).. we stuck stickers on everyone and shit.. basically it was just sarcasm.. quickly lost interest in it though..

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
I honestly find they are not too bad.

Youve got to remember 'It involves the operation of approximately 2,300 services to carry over 900,000 passengers to and from 302 stations daily. Every day CityRail operates a fleet of more than 1,500 carriages over 2,060kms of track controlled by over 2,500 signals.'

You try manage that, then you can complain.

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC

Youve got to remember 'It involves the operation of approximately 2,300 services to carry over 900,000 passengers to and from 302 stations daily. Every day CityRail operates a fleet of more than 1,500 carriages over 2,060kms of track controlled by over 2,500 signals.'

OK. Fair enough, but what about other state's train services? They also have complicated operation and yet I don't heard much complaint from commuters. Sydney is the worst. Or maybe I am wrong? Who here can share a bit information about train services from other states like Victoria?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
mr_brightside said:

Private enterprise seems to do ok in Tokyo.

P

pLuvia

bobness said:
those japs are very hard working

take it from me ;)

otherwise cityrail .. meh at least its "double-decker' unlike our brissy counterparts
I agree with that, the Japanese trains are nearly always (90%) of time on time. Aren't they increasing the train fare like very soon?

CieL

HSC
mr_brightside said:

Hong Kong does well. They have the subway + trains coming in every minute, at the most 5 minutes, all day everyday. The times don't change on the weekends. I'm sure they have more people on the subway + trains because it's more convenient..

Ahh I dont know..

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I catch the trains all the time and I find about 80% of the time my trains run on-time (that is to the minute) and maybe 95% "on-time" (within 5 minutes). I think I just tend to catch the trains that happen to run on time (usually my express trains have prority over the slow ones and so they usually run on time).

On the other hand, I missed my train today because it left my station 3 minutes early! The next train was about 32 minutes away =\

unistudent

HSC
jasee said:
I catch the trains all the time and I find about 80% of the time my trains run on-time (that is to the minute) and maybe 95% "on-time" (within 5 minutes). I think I just tend to catch the trains that happen to run on time (usually my express trains have prority over the slow ones and so they usually run on time).

On the other hand, I missed my train today because it left my station 3 minutes early! The next train was about 32 minutes away =\
32 mins?? that seems longer than usual. what station do you get off?

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
The worst thing that could happen if you missed your train by seconds, and the next train was cancelled, and the next next train was delayed...

tennille

HSC
I finished uni at 12 yesterday and just missed the train because it comes on the hour. I had to wait until 12.30 to catch the next one. It usually takes about 40 minutes to get to Fairfield but unfortunately Westbus can't get their timetables right. The bus came at 1.10pm (funnily enough, that's actually on time. If I catch it elsewhere, it's usually 10 minutes late), so i just missed the bus when I arrived. Another 30 minutes of waiting....

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
XcarvengerX said:
The worst thing that could happen if you missed your train by seconds, and the next train was cancelled, and the next next train was delayed...
that happened to me once~!!!

shxtty rail :(

Riviet

HSC
N/A
If you've been reading the paper, CityRail trains services have improved slightly according to a few polls and you may have noticed that less trains are turning up late now.

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
Riviet said:
If you've been reading the paper, CityRail trains services have improved slightly according to a few polls and you may have noticed that less trains are turning up late now.
Yeah, but now people screaming about air conditioning. If the Tangara trains' air conditioners aren't working, I think some commuters will be suffocated because you can't open the windows... and they plan to change all trains to the air conditioning ones before 2010... I don't know if that's good or bad news...

click here

to see my profile
HSC
I hate it when people get off their seats early and go stand in the doorway just so they can be the first to get off the train on the next station. Just calm down people, you won't miss your stop! It's something trivial but it annoys me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)