Cityrail Service Delays (23.10.06) (1 Viewer)

fatmuscle

HSC
http://www.cityrail.info/latest_news/content.jsp

Service Interruptions

Posted 23/10/06 06:35am
Blue Mountains Line - Delays
CityRail advises that some trains may be delayed on the Blue Mountains Line in both directions due to a train requiring mechanical repairs. Delays can be expected.

6:13am Katoomba to Lithgow will be replaced by limited bus service to Lithgow
07:57am Katoomba to Sydney Terminal will be replaced by a limited bus service

Further information will be provided as it becomes available.

Posted 23/10/06 06:31am
Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra and South Coast Lines - Major delays
CityRail advises that trains are being delayed on the Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra and South Coast Lines in both directions due to essential overhead wiring repairs at Oatley. Major delays can be expected.

Bus companies have been contacted to operate a replacement service between Hurstville and Sutherland. Buses are expected to start arriving at stations within 30 minutes.

CityRail recommends train travellers between Hurstville and Sutherland delay their journey or make alternative arrangements. Customers are advised to call the Transport Infoline on 131500 for the latest recorded updates before going to their station or please listen for further updates.

Repair crews are on site and working to restore train services as soon as possible. At this stage there is no forecast of when the line can be reopened. Further information will be provided as information becomes available.

sideshowtim

HSC
man, i hope no one missed their exam because of this. bloody cityrail.

Guernica

HSC
That would be the most stressful situation. Thank god I don't live in Sydney. I hope everyone coped okay..

Naylyn

HSC
Guernica said:
That would be the most stressful situation. Thank god I don't live in Sydney. I hope everyone coped okay..
Amen to that

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
i usually get the southcoast train line.. but i had to drive mum's car cos of stupid repairs

mizzkizz

HSC
i was caught in the train delays...got the train to hurstville where i had to get a bus to sutherland...the bus trip took 45min and when i finally got to sutherland it was around 9am...decided to get a taxi...except there were no taxis available...called the school and they told us to relax and that we would get the full time when we arrive...got to school around 20min after they started the test...stress...

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
mizzkizz said:
i was caught in the train delays...got the train to hurstville where i had to get a bus to sutherland...the bus trip took 45min and when i finally got to sutherland it was around 9am...decided to get a taxi...except there were no taxis available...called the school and they told us to relax and that we would get the full time when we arrive...got to school around 20min after they started the test...stress...
i didnt think they were allowed to give extra time.. i thought u just do the exam when u arrive at school, fill out misadventure and then they take into account wat u actually have completed ?

mizzkizz

HSC
sando said:
i didnt think they were allowed to give extra time.. i thought u just do the exam when u arrive at school, fill out misadventure and then they take into account wat u actually have completed ?
we got told that we would still have the full time...and when we asked about the misadventure form they said we couldnt fill it out because we got the full time and it was a train delay...even though we were all stressed about missing the exam...

Drunkspleen

HSC
"We ended up making special travel arrangements for 22 HSC students this morning to minimise their stress."

Those special arrangements included RailCorp paying for taxis and using their company vehicles to take the 22 students to school.
Wow, I think that's a really respectable thing, even if they are using it to get a bit of publicity it's great that they made that decision.

I was under the impression that the Board of Studies made a special provision in this case because they were expecting alot more students to be late than they actually had.

meteorangela

HSC
mm i;m so lucky i got driven to school..
but then it took me 2 hours to get home after the exam yesterday!!! I ONLY LIVE 20MIN AWAY FROM MY SCHOOL!!

STUPID cityrail!!!!

dunno04

HSC
lol
Thank god i took Bus.

never trust City Rail that much.
DElays will stuff my HSC up!
=D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)