Civil Engineering (Structures) + bridging course (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hello :)
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience on bridging courses at UTS for engineering, I am currently doing General Mathematics and I want to get into engineering inshallah. One concern I have is do they lecturers fly through the content over there or it is manageable? Also, will they teach me the entire 2u, 3u, and possibly 4u maths required for engineering or will they specifically target the outcomes assessed.

Thanks in advance for all replies, if i get any lol :)

(Btw this is my first post don't give me a hard time :p)

lee337

HSC
Uni Grad
Nah mate you'll have the best lecturer ever for Math Modelling 1!!! I did 2u and did the bridging course, and reckon it was pretty solid.

HSC
@lee337
Did they teach you guys the 2unit maths as well or it that assumed? Thing is im doing general so I dont know where to begin with it.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Do the 2 unit bridging course, Mary (who usually takes MM1) is a good lecturer and pretty much all the 3/4u content you need to know is covered in the lectures but they do expect you understand 2u - especially calculus. In fact, it would probably be difficult to pass the maths test they make you do right before starting with just general maths (and no self study or bridging course) meaning you would be placed in maths fundy instead of MM1 first sem.

Last edited:
HSC
I plan on finishing 2u and hopefully 3u after my HSC seeing as how I will have nothing better to do :D
I'm comfortable with everything now thanks a lot for the reply @brent012 ! :)

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
But why are you not doing at least 3U maths if you want to do Engineering? General has hardly any maths and certainly no calculus.

lee337

HSC
Uni Grad
@lee337
Did they teach you guys the 2unit maths as well or it that assumed? Thing is im doing general so I dont know where to begin with it.
They touched on the 2unit briefly, then went straight to 3unit.

But why are you not doing at least 3U maths if you want to do Engineering? General has hardly any maths and certainly no calculus.
I didn't even consider what i wanted to do until late year 12.

kelechi

HSC
Hey bruh
I'm in the same position as u for this year, and i wanted to know how u found ur first year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)