Class of 2006, what text are you doing? (1 Viewer)

What is your perscribes text For physical journey?

• Total voters

Dark dreams

HSC
nah doin peter skrzynecki but the otha class at my school is doin away!!!!

Dejana

HSC
N/A
Yeah ...

i'm doing rabbit proof fence by phil noyce. it's ok. anyone got good notes to pass over my way? it'd b a great help. thanx

crunchier

HSC
isnt anyone doing anything butt skrzyneckii?...man i've got a speech t do it...what has moved you emotionally or intellectually, about the impact of physical jorneys upon the traveller--does anyone have a clue?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I'm doing Huck Finn, something different from the common PS. :p

haru

HSC
Our class is doing Away. Seems like not a popular choice

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
In the 2004 HSC skrznecki was "by far" the "most popular choice". That's so full of you-know-what.

We aren't even given a choice. Where i'm from, some fatass (literally) that calls himself the Head Teacher of the English Faculty chose "Physical Journey" for the course and "Peter 'bloody-depressing-to-hell-polish-crappy-spelling-name' skrzynecki" as our damn text. Popular, my ass. Or his, lol.

These guys do it so the teachers can earn their money woth the least amount of effort. All they have to do is discuss ONE aspect to the class. A lot less work for the same money.

English has somehow turned into Economics...

Gummy_bear

HSC
P_Dilemma said:
In the 2004 HSC skrznecki was "by far" the "most popular choice". That's so full of you-know-what.

We aren't even given a choice. Where i'm from, some fatass (literally) that calls himself the Head Teacher of the English Faculty chose "Physical Journey" for the course and "Peter 'bloody-depressing-to-hell-polish-crappy-spelling-name' skrzynecki" as our damn text. Popular, my ass. Or his, lol.

These guys do it so the teachers can earn their money woth the least amount of effort. All they have to do is discuss ONE aspect to the class. A lot less work for the same money.

English has somehow turned into Economics...
Actually the teachers choose the journey type and text based on what they will be able to teach most effectively and what they can teach to the best of their ability and what they have the best resouces for.
Think about it, if a teacher just chose what to do based on what was easiest and not what they could teach the best, then the classes marks would go down and then so would the schools ranking etc.
No one has a choice in what they are taught untill Uni. Its just what happens, no point in complaining.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Physical Journeys

Advanced English – Immigrant Chronicles by Peter Skrzynecki

Standard English – Away by Michael Gow

erin_tonkin

HSC
The choices in the poll are the standard english texts

Skrzynecki poems arre for advanced classes. Is Skrzynecki compulsory for physical journeys? I think it is

P

pLuvia

No they're not, these are texts for all English Levels

Skrzynecki isn't only for advanced classes, maybe at your school. But ESL also do it. Skrynecki is an option for physical journey, but not every school does it.
By the way where did you hear all this?

erin_tonkin

HSC
i dunno thats just what i figured. my english teacher may have said something. one girl asked if she could do huck finn for her additional text and my teacher said it was a standard text.

maybe its just the same texts but different learning.

P

pLuvia

Yes, you are not allowed to do related text that are compulsory texts in the Board of Studies Syllabus

And she probably said that because your school uses Huck Finn as a compulsory text for the standard class

Gummy_bear

HSC
pLuvia said:
Yes, you are not allowed to do related text that are compulsory texts in the Board of Studies Syllabus

And she probably said that because your school uses Huck Finn as a compulsory text for the standard class
Actually, you can use another compulsory text as related material.
For example, i did Away as compulsory and was going to do rabbit proof fence as my related, but i changed my mind.

But, although you can do it, it is frowned uppon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)