Coles Myer Employment Process (1 Viewer)

WouldbeDoctor

HSC
N/A
Scanorama said:
Got an email from Coles the other day asking me to take some new online assessment, is it the new OH&S thingy? It said I have 7 days to complete it.
Don't rely on this shit, seriously, I can complete the assessment, but it will be months or even weeks after before they will get back to you, they screw you around , its annoying!

hannahxxx

HSC
Scanorama said:
Got an email from Coles the other day asking me to take some new online assessment
Yeah same. I was wondering if anybody here's actually completed it and if they'd be able to tell me what a competitive score for the cognitive ability test is (the first part of the assessment). What mark would you need to get to be considered?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
hannahxxx said:
Yeah same. I was wondering if anybody here's actually completed it and if they'd be able to tell me what a competitive score for the cognitive ability test is (the first part of the assessment). What mark would you need to get to be considered?
i don't actually think it really matters. i got like 94 percent or something in that bit and it hasn't changed anything, 3 months later i still havent heard anything back. i think they would actually look closer at the personality and safety parts, if they use it at all (fuckers) :s

BlackDragon

HSC
cosmic doris you haven't heard back because you're first preference is yet to recruit in your area. or, there are numerous people in your area in front of you 'in line'.

i got 97% in the test and it took them nine months to contact me and yet i got the job and still am 4 working them today.

the wait means nothing.

Scanorama

HSC
WouldbeDoctor said:
Don't rely on this shit, seriously, I can complete the assessment, but it will be months or even weeks after before they will get back to you, they screw you around , its annoying!
Nah I gave up Coles Myer the day Kmart stopped giving me shift. I went through the whole recuritment process to get the job and only got screwed around by shit management for 8 weeks. I kept the account since just in case they had any other offer. I have been happily working at Woolies for more than an year.

If I have time and still remember the test, I *might* do it.

BlackDragon

HSC
It depends on where you live, and it depends what you put as your first preference.
There is no recruiting time for a whole corporation, nor for their brands. Each store will recruit whenever it needs to. Simple as that.

G

Gavvvvvin

I meant when they held those group interviews. Anywho it doesnt matter they sent me a thing to apply directly to a store but I cant apply cos their web sites not working =\

Hello-hello

HSC
Okay my first time here and i have noticed alot of people hate coles Group, Im a christmas casual at kmart penrith, i must say i love working here the staff are great and i get along with everyone know im only 17 and i work 4 days a week 5 hours a day as i start tafe feb 5 usually its 7hr a shift

i have never had a problem, ive been there for 3months now (love my 60 year old manager shes a fuckin crack up) and im getting a transfer to the brand new kmart store in stanhope gardens.

Know i know how hard it is to get a job at kmart but i think it's a good place i applied jan of last year and got my group interview march and my one on one interview in september i then started working october.

I think those people who have worked there and didnt like it just got the wrong people to work with. so apply i might even be working with you soon

sk1001

HSC
2rko said:
ok so i got this from colesmyer on the 22nd of november

Dear --------,

Thankyou for completing the online assessment and for your patience. You have now progressed to a stage where we will be attempting to complete a reference check for yourself. This email is a reminder that we will be contacting you referees shortly to complete a reference check and how you can assist this process.

It would advantage your application if you could confirm that your referees are valid work-related referees that were/are senior to yourself. Where possible please attempt to provide an email address for you referees as this will be an advantage in addition to contact numbers.

To update your details please return to www.colesmyer.com/careers and enter into the link titled ‘update referees’ and do so. A valid referee will need to be either paid or voluntary work-related and the person would need to be in a senior position to you. Alternatively if you have not worked a tutor, lecturer, sports coach, or religious leader will also suffice. Personal referees will not be accepted.

and i still havent heard from them :( how long does this thing take??
forget about it. they are a shambles.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
i just had 1 on 1 interview 2day.. will find out in a week if im better than the other 8 people lol

JoeI

HSC
So...if Coles Myer takes a while to employ you, have anyone got a suggestion for an alternative job online?

sheknows

HSC
Hello-hello said:
Okay my first time here and i have noticed alot of people hate coles Group, Im a christmas casual at kmart penrith, i must say i love working here the staff are great and i get along with everyone know im only 17 and i work 4 days a week 5 hours a day as i start tafe feb 5 usually its 7hr a shift

i have never had a problem, ive been there for 3months now (love my 60 year old manager shes a fuckin crack up) and im getting a transfer to the brand new kmart store in stanhope gardens.

Know i know how hard it is to get a job at kmart but i think it's a good place i applied jan of last year and got my group interview march and my one on one interview in september i then started working october.

I think those people who have worked there and didnt like it just got the wrong people to work with. so apply i might even be working with you soon
omigosh stanhope kmart is the one im applying for even though i know its waaaayyy too late. But applying anyway...

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
my whole process was pretty quick
i applied in october , employed in december and i am still here until our store shuts down. It all depends on where you live i think

G

Gavvvvvin

Don't Coles Myer/Group whatever do the group interviews anymore? I just completed the online test and they threw me straight into the 'talent pool'.

spangacrab

HSC
politik said:
No! How can you pay out poor poor Target!

God I hate Target.
What are you's on about, I work at Target and its a bludge. Managers rock, only bad thing is regies.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Maybe it's me. I've had an active application in at Coles for 2 years now (various locations) and not heard anything. :(

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Have they got rid of the group interview stage? I always thought that you needed to do it before they put you into the talent pool, but I just got put into the talent pool and all I'd done was the test. (For the second time - last time I did it, which was last year, they knocked me back. Don't know what's changed.)

Oh well. The less stages the better, as far as I'm concerned.

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
It took me a year to land a job at Target and now they've stopped giving me shifts after 3 months :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)