Coles Myer Group Interviews (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
timyates - you need to make an account and fill in an application form, then they'll contact you for the group interview

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
have they started doing interview this year already? cos i had applied like last year and they haven't gotten back to me

Safiya

As Shadows Fall
HSC
Yep... I put my application in late last year and I have an interview on Wednesday

s.m.i.t.h

HSC
when do u find out which company u will be working for? i.e target or myer?
did we have to put down preferences during application cos if so ive completely forgotten mine

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
s.m.i.t.h said:
when do u find out which company u will be working for? i.e target or myer?
did we have to put down preferences during application cos if so ive completely forgotten mine
when you go for the group interview, it's an interview for all the brands, so you won't know

when you filled out the application you would have put prefs. if i remember correctly they get you to do it again at the group interview again anyway

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Anyone know how we can access our test results? I did the test ages ago but never got the results--Im assuming they weren't too bad cos I got an interview but itd still be interesting to know

It

HSC
they emailed me mine but i use hotmail and they were automatically sent to my junk mail box. if u use hotmail and did the test a while back and didnt receive them in ur normal mail box, then i dont think ul have much chance of accessing them again.

happy cup

has left BOS :)
HSC
N/A
Hey this has probably been answered but there's too many posts to read them all. What happens after you've done the online induction? does that mean u have the job?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
it should as long as they call you for shifts and put you on the roster. you might have to keep asking them. some stores also have instore inductions.

Benovista

Old Schooler
HSC
i just got invited to a group interview, its been awhile since ive been to an interview...

What happens at a coles myer group interview??

happy cup

has left BOS :)
HSC
N/A
ok cool thanks

At the group interview u get asked scenario questions and you have to discuss them in your group. Make sure u speak up and participate. You could get a question about how you would promote a confectionary section if u have an unlimited budget or what you would do with a lady and her baby claiming to have made a booking and it has the booking on the computer, but the hotel is fully booked. That's the questions I've had when I went. Hope it goes well :) Good luck

Danoz The Great

HSC
We don't do GROUP interviews like that at our store....we just get asked those type of questions individually in our interviews.

Target Port Macquarie is the bomb.

Danoz The Great

HSC
yeah, mad. *rolls eyes*....

I was questioning what he meant by that.

Last edited:

Benovista

Old Schooler
HSC
i meant... (although i thought it was obvious) I dont see why i should come up with free marketing advice for them when i wanna do a really easy job.

My friend went to a group interview and came up with really good ideas for his group and didnt get the job cause he let others do the talking and that sucks cause im not really a loud / outspoken person

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Hey people I need some help.
I'm going to a group interview on Wednesday and they're asking us to bring 2 work-related references. I only had two jobs but one was 3 years ago and the last one was at Sanity as a Xmas Casual and I wasn't on good terms with the manager when I left/got rid of. So can I just bring a reference from school and some random work placement references?

sarevok

HSC
I'm in basically the same situation, I've got one reference that I've got a phone number for - from some volunteer work I did a year ago - but apart from that I've only got my school reference which hopefully I'll be able to attach to my resume or whatever. Do they even contact your referees after the group interview or do they wait until you get to the final stage?

sarevok

HSC
So what about written references? Can you take them, or does it have to be phone numbers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)