coles myer (1 Viewer)

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
after you fill out their online application, how long does it take for them to contact you if they're interested?
Just wondering. please help :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
it depends when you filled it out, from a week to 2 months

i got an interview after 5 months from applying.
i applied on the 23/6/2005 and got an interview on the 20/11/2005 u might be lucky and get back 2 u quickly.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
i remember getting an email a few months after applying online, and the email said for me to do some online tests, which i did.
about a month (maybe a bit more???) after that, i got an email asking to come in for a group interview for christmas/summer positions. went to group interview, it sucked, didnt get the job. (this was last year)
earlier this year i got the same email asking to do the tests then after i did them, got an email to go to another group interview. didnt end up going to the group interview as i fell asleep that afternoon and my mum forget about it and didnt wake me up.
but all was good as i got a job elsewhere a few weeks later.
and also, every 6weeks or three months, you will get an email asking if you still want your application to be on the site thingo, and you will get a link to go and renew it, so you dont have to keep on filling in more online applications.

cimbom

HSC
- They sent me a job application five days after I registered, because there was a casual position in the area. So maybe it depends on that- your preferences, suitability, and what's open?

Last edited:
HSC
i sent my application in at the start of december (dec 1st) and did the online test the day after. they sent an email soon after saying i was unsuccessful which was gh3y, i don't think there was a good enough demand in my area. which is a shame because i pwned the online test.

Last edited:

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
I have seen the online test before, but I didn't get prompts to do it and couldn't find it on the site. Do you do this after you fill out the app? Or only when you get offered a position?

Yeah, I think my area doesn't need people
Argh

cimbom

HSC
cherryblossom said:
I have seen the online test before, but I didn't get prompts to do it and couldn't find it on the site. Do you do this after you fill out the app? Or only when you get offered a position?

Yeah, I think my area doesn't need people
Argh
Yeah, they'll probably prompt you to do it- like send you a link, give you 48 hours to complete it... that's what happened with me.

klh

HSC
ive recently received a letter by them saying dont apply here again until a year later...i know im not that popular but jeez...

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
colesmyer is bullshit. They do that entire process as if it gives them better employees in the end. Today at the supermarket, the guy kept trying to shove lettuce into a bag that was full and was practically destroying it. I had to tell him to stop. Coles really doesn't get the brightest people.

Look in the paper and apply for anything in there; at least you've got a chance at a job in the near future, rather than waiting months for an average job.

P

pLuvia

I got an interview after about 3 weeks or something. Did a group interview and never got pass that :p

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
fnkychk said:
colesmyer is bullshit. They do that entire process as if it gives them better employees in the end. Today at the supermarket, the guy kept trying to shove lettuce into a bag that was full and was practically destroying it. I had to tell him to stop. Coles really doesn't get the brightest people.

Look in the paper and apply for anything in there; at least you've got a chance at a job in the near future, rather than waiting months for an average job.
within 24 hours?!
I got an email today to do the test. What exactly do they test? Is it IQ test related? Give me an example if you're able. Thanks :)
Oh, and what are they like with the relocating type thing. As in if you get a job but move, do they organise a job for you in your new location?

cimbom

HSC
There's a demographic test first... which is non- compulsory, where they ask what ethnicity you are and things like that. Then a cognitive ability test- which is slightly more difficult, like IQ tests- within a time limit... questions like "which two of these objects do not belong with the others?", and then a job preference test... just a series of multiple choice between two, like which would you prefer- growing the flowers in a garden, or marketing and selling the flowers to customers?

It's okay, before you do the test there are very clear instructions and initial practise questions.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I think you need to be with your CML store for a year before you can move.

shortie_89

HSC
N/A
fnkychk said:
Today at the supermarket, the guy kept trying to shove lettuce into a bag that was full and was practically destroying it. I had to tell him to stop.
lol lol lol.... and yeah i agree that its totally bullshit... they got me 2 do the online test and then didnt hear anything for ages... they didnt reply to any of my emails... until i rang them and they said... 'oh sorry we don't hav an christmas positions open' WELL WHY DIDNT U JUST TELL ME THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE?!?!?!
aarrghh so i wasted all my time trying to get 'a coles myer career' and ended up with nothing, and now i'm stil stuck at home. with no job. on bos.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
shortie_89 said:
lol lol lol.... and yeah i agree that its totally bullshit... they got me 2 do the online test and then didnt hear anything for ages... they didnt reply to any of my emails... until i rang them and they said... 'oh sorry we don't hav an christmas positions open' WELL WHY DIDNT U JUST TELL ME THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE?!?!?!
aarrghh so i wasted all my time trying to get 'a coles myer career' and ended up with nothing, and now i'm stil stuck at home. with no job. on bos.
There'll be at least ONE position open at big w north ryde soon. :)

buzzcut89

HSC
klh said:
ive recently received a letter by them saying dont apply here again until a year later...i know im not that popular but jeez...

I got an email saying that because I failed the group interview, I could not apply for a position for another year.

Cut a long story shorty, the next week I got an email from them telling me to apply at my Coles, and alas I now have a job there.

So much for the "You can't apply for another year".

I think it's just to see how eager/enthusiastic you are for a job and whether you will apply within the year...or they could just suck. Probably the latter...:uhhuh:

Collin

HSC
N/A
Hi Alicia. From my personal experiences, it took them around 2-3 days for an initial response. Then a few days later I attended a Group Interview. I was then subsequently approved, but had to wait around a month before they found a suitable position for me. I then attended a line manager/store manager interview and got the job.

To maximise your chances of selection (regardless of work experience), make sure to put down many suburbs, as many brands as possible and have your availability as high as possible (24/7 always best, of course).

Hope this helped.

HSC
on another note..
coles myer DO check references.
so in case you plan to put in a fake reference just so you fill in the requirements of the online application, make sure the other person knows about it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)