Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
who will be doing it? ppl who get over 99.75, thats for sure

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
only got 99.45.. hopefully transfer into it next year, if i can still be bothered by that time.

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
hmmm... prolly not the rite thread... but i heard frm ppl who did unsw comb law that if ur interested in a commerce related future than stick 2 single bachelor of commerce... n do honours 2 maximise career opportunities... n if ur interetewd in law related future then do comb law... they say that doing comb law is ptless if ur interested in taking on a commerce related future... is this true?

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
well i'm no expert but after a comm/law degree you'd still have the bachelor of commerce under your belt, having the law degree would favour you for say, a promotion. legal knowledge is certainly very useful, but if you're wanting a commerce-related future then a lot of what you learn would be kinda irrelevant i would imagine. depends on whether you think it's worth it.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
How about if you have the EAS scheme and are eligible for 5 points...but then i feel....there wud already be so much competition b/w 99.xx students that people like me 94.5+ wont get in....im thinking of puting b com/b law my first pref...who cares if i dont get in then id just take b com alone....

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
u won't get into combined law with 94.5, even with the five extra points. Cut offs will not be going down...

aspen

i got 98.05 and still won't get into sydney. It's really scary how high the uai for law is going. I wonder just how high it will go.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
why must it keep increasing.. the same amount of people get each uai point each year.. is it just becoming more and more popular? what if there was a mass shift away from law this year towards other degrees, or if more people were able to get into medicine..

pray..

walla

Satisfied Customer
HSC
but nick also less places to fill is the main thing

but not 99.9X because there are 80 places and only about 100 people get 99.90-100

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
are there constantly fewer and fewer HECS places?

i didnt think the changes to the system etc came into place yet..

damn them.

walla

Satisfied Customer
HSC
yeah they are cutting hecs places (for law at least, don't know about every course) to 80 (plus 10 fee) in 2004

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
wtf.. so 90 places all up??

i thought last year there were like 250 HECS places or something..

wat abt UNSW, any chance of it staying below 99.4?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Nick
wtf.. so 90 places all up??

i thought last year there were like 250 HECS places or something..
80/90 places at Sydney
but UNSW is staying around the 250 mark (including students who transfer, and graduate entry students)

I think its time for a Law entry test...similar to UMAT for Medicine..

Generator

HSC
N/A
90 for HECS? Do you mean 90 for Comm/Law or around 80/90 for undergraduate law as a whole? I am sure that the number is higher than the 90 in total (even with the 25% fee quota).

Note: What reduction in HECS funded places for 2004? They may cut a number of over enrolled places (if they exist), but that it is slightly different. Just remember that the reforms are set for 2005, so the 35% quota will only be reached from that year on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)