Comments on the questions asked (1 Viewer)

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
Comments

I'm pissed there isn't a question on lim (h->0) Sin3x/2x kinda thing... it was in every year >_<

and f*ck! No finnancial questions (usually worth 3 or 4 marks) >___<

Last edited:

100percent

HSC
the 1st principle took me by a bit of a surprise, but when i saw they gave you formula i just laughed.

MarsBarz

HSC
I was disapointed that there was so little binomial, inverse functions, circle geometry, logarithms, polynomials and SHM. I had really studied those topics :/.

kyu_chan

HSC
that's true, if you've studied for them (since they are quite the major topics)... but they're hard ^^''

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
SOOOOOO glad there were no binomial Proofs hahahaha, and the relative ease of the SHM question suited me quite well also :D

kyu_chan

HSC
100percent said:
the 1st principle took me by a bit of a surprise, but when i saw they gave you formula i just laughed.
Ahahahahah!! I know!!!

And the worst thing for me is that I have forgotten how to do it altogther, even with that stupid formula ^^''' Oh dear >_<

serge

HSC
kyu_chan said:
theres only been 2 financial maths questions in the past 10 years

stv_87

HSC
thats makes two of us, i conceded a loss of 4--5 marks bedcfuase of the 100% chance of binomial proof being the 7 b

like_ma_style

Pwincess
HSC
Was a bit suprised by the last question 7(b). I didn't know what it was going on about lol. They usually have projectile and binomial i thought for 7.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
kyu_chan said:
I'm pissed there isn't a question on lim (h->0) Sin3x/2x kinda thing... it was in every year >_<

lol that question appeared in the first question for like the last 3 years,.. maybe they don't like giving away an easy 2 marks anymore..

i laughed at the diff via 1st principles as well

kyu_chan

HSC
Huratio said:
lol that question appeared in the first question for like the last 3 years,.. maybe they don't like giving away an easy 2 marks anymore..
That's very mean of bos >_< hehehe... ^^

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
looks like i got my predictions wrong that they might include 3d trig and binomial for q7
haha im glad though

thunderdax

I AM JESUS LOL!
HSC
Is it just me, or is 7(b) of this exam similar to a couple of questions in 4U? They seem to have concentrated on the number of roots rather than asking for exact values in these types of questions.

香港!

HSC
thunderdax said:
Is it just me, or is 7(b) of this exam similar to a couple of questions in 4U? They seem to have concentrated on the number of roots rather than asking for exact values in these types of questions.
ya i recognised some of them as well... similar to some q's in 4U exams @_@

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Huratio said:
Hahaha!

And that's why they asked questions like:

1) "Show pq = -1" ... after they GIVE you the formula for the chord PQ anyway.

2) "The particle is undergoing SHM. Find the amplitude and centre of motion."

3) They tell you the probability you need for a given weekend, and then say in part ii, "Find the probability that she earns a point every week of the 18 week season."

Hehe ... I reckon they still want to give you super-cheap marks.

Trev

stix
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
3) They tell you the probability you need for a given weekend, and then say in part ii, "Find the probability that she earns a point every week of the 18 week season."

Hehe ... I reckon they still want to give you super-cheap marks.
Hey, I spent like 10 minutes on that question because I forgot one of the probabilities and didn't understand why my answer was different. :p

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Trev said:
Hey, I spent like 10 minutes on that question because I forgot one of the probabilities and didn't understand why my answer was different. :p
That's exactly what I did for part (i) too ... it's amazing how I've done similar questions heaps of times with no problem, but today I just got a mental blank. I got it in the end, though, and then smacked myself in the head ... much to the amusement of someone who does 3 unit only and was obviously going bad in the exam.

But I was talking about the particular question I wrote up .. part (ii). They give you the probability in part (i) and essentially say, "What is this probability to the 18th power?"

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
Jago said:
SOOOOOO glad there were no binomial Proofs hahahaha, and the relative ease of the SHM question suited me quite well also :D
aaahhhh YES! I KNOW!!!!!!!!!! So happy, im so crap at binomial proofs, but the binomial question was easy.

i also liked the integration by sub questions, there were two of them. gleefully did them...likewise with differentiation by 1st principles.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
rnitya_25 said:
aaahhhh YES! I KNOW!!!!!!!!!! So happy, im so crap at binomial proofs, but the binomial question was easy.

i also liked the integration by sub questions, there were two of them. gleefully did them...likewise with differentiation by 1st principles.

binomial proof's r my specialty... :'(

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
damn you must be pissed.....i wanted limits question too....they're wayy easy and quick marks.

i hated question 7 a....sucked and didn't have time to even attempt it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)